Member Array
    Car:
    180sx , DA9 sir

changing B18C block ( LS )

hi all , i am driving a LS with a jdm ( EG ) B16A atm , i am thinking to buy a B18C block and keep the B16A head , i have few questions for you guys

1. is it a bolt on conversion ?
    2. what do i have to replace ? ECU ? timing belt ? looms ?
    3. my engine number is B16A now ,do i have to get a cert for it if i change it to B18C ? P.S my LS come with B18A ( mine one is AUDM LS )
    4. is it a good idea to use my B16A gear box with the B18C block ?
    5. i am using a 5 zigen header on my B16A atm , can i keep using it if i change the block ? ( B16A block and B18C block having the same height ? or slightly taller ? )

if anyone can give me some advise / opinion , that will be great !!! , any help will be appreciated ~~ cheers
    Last edited by 180sx; 18-10-2006 at 12:59 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    180sx , DA9 sir
    no one reply ..........yet .... come on guys ~~

Member Array
    Car:
    180sx , DA9 sir
    can mod move / copy this to tech section if no one reply please ? i really need to slove these problem .... cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Beat
    what ecu are you running now?
    you can use the same headders
    it is a bolt up conversion

you need to notify the rta of your new engine

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Camira
    Quote Originally Posted by 180sx
    hi all , i am driving a LS with a jdm ( EG ) B16A atm , i am thinking to buy a B18C block and keep the B16A head , i have few questions for you guys

3. my engine number is B16A now ,do i have to get a cert for it if i change it to B18C ? P.S my LS come with B18A ( mine one is AUDM LS )
    5. i am using a 5 zigen header on my B16A atm , can i keep using it if i change the block ? ( B16A block and B18C block having the same height ? or slightly taller ? )

if anyone can give me some advise / opinion , that will be great !!! , any help will be appreciated ~~ cheers
    • Bol on yes,
    • you need a new timing belt..
    • same loom and ECU will work.. but i suggest u get another ECU or get hondata to make it run 100%
    • b16a gb is 90 times better than a AUDM b18c2 box as its got a closer gear ratio..
    • 5 zigen headers should fit.. check there part numbers... alot of headers are generic b/w b16,b18 as per suggeested, but find out first
    Shopping list of what you would need..:
    B18c block
    new head gasket
    b18 timing belt
    22t water pump (dont be tight)
    rear main seal (dont be tight)
    ECU (you can do this later)

That is all you need.

ELSE LS/CRV (cause b18c short block is crazy hard to find)

LS/CRV block
    Golden eagle kit
    ARP head studs (they will be exposed when u remove head)
    ARP rod bolts (u just have to drop sump and you can change them)
    b18 timing belt
    22t water pump (dont be tight)
    rear main seal (dont be tight)
    ECU (you can do this later)
    Last edited by BlitZ; 19-10-2006 at 11:55 AM.
    Club EM1 Represents - member 01 of 01

Member Array
    Car:
    180sx , DA9 sir
    finally some reply !!!!! thanks a lot guys !!!! appreciated , i am running EF JDM B16A ecu , 8200 rpm fuel cut , i found a B18C short block for 1K , so not too bad :P , thanks again guys !!!

Member Array
    Car:
    boosted dc2...
    awesome project - upgrade your pistons to civic type r and you will be set for a bull#hit engine
    Boosted Integra underway!

Member Array
    Car:
    boosted dc2...
    Quote Originally Posted by 180sx

the b18 c block is directly bolt on - just need a new timing belt off a type r, and obviously a new head gasket.

the loom should be bolt on - there may be a wire here or there that wont have a place but fix the problem when it comes up. its not hard.
    the b16a ecu should suffice, but a stand alone is really the only way to go to get the most out of the engine.

from qld as long as you have an engine smaller or with the same cc's then you are ok to swap it with out upgrading breaks or anything. thats what ive been told but do check up at the transport place.

deffinatly use the b16a box also a great time to upgrade your flywheel to a lighter one - or at least get a type r one as they go for only about 50 buks.

5. i am using a 5 zigen header on my B18c with type r head (b16a head mould) atm , can i keep using it if i change the block ? ( B16A block and B18C block having the same height ? or slightly taller ? )

5 ziggen 4-2-1s are direct bolt on. perfect.

hope this helps - any questions pm me or message me as ive already done the conversion!
    ikispike@hotmail.com
    Last edited by spardikis; 22-10-2006 at 09:59 PM.
    Boosted Integra underway!

Member Array
    Car:
    EJ B20vtecTurbo
    If you still have the B18a why not use that then you gain a few extra cc over a B18c or even better go a B20. We had our LS with a B20vtec at the dyno day on the weekend, make 123KW with a only 15 min tune on the way down there. If you know someone that chips ecus it's not hard to adjust fuel maps.
    EDGE AUTOMOTIVE