Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Thread should be locked..this has GONE way off topic!.

Im with zco/blitz on that too. Were not there to race "other car", going there for times.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lotus Exige
    Quote Originally Posted by claymore
    Racing NOT to win is like "Boinking" wearing a condum... it's OK but it's not the "REAL THING". What the f#3k does what country you are racing in have to do with times?? If you have a shitty reaction time of 1.60 you are effectively giving the other guy a ONE SECOND HEAD START it's like waiting for two MORE EXTRA LIGHTS to go off before you start. Why would you not want to improve your reaction times??? What records are they trying to break if they are not there to win??
    LOL so your telling me you would be happy to get over the line first but have a slower ET than the guy you were racing with??
    When it comes down to the actual drag strip sometimes crossing the line first doesnt mean sh#t. If its on the street then yeh it would cus there is a no time slips to compare.

Member Array
    Car:
    Teal Mx5
    Quote Originally Posted by zco
    maybe ppl go to break fastest FWD NA/turbo, fastest RWD NA, fastest NA on street tyres. WAT EVER RECORDS THere are to break, ppl want to break it.

they obviously dont give a FOCK about R/T as they want the perfect launch as possible. so they take their time launching. WHY DO YOU ALWAYS WANT TO BEAT THE GUY NEXT TO YOU. THERE PPL DONT GIVE A FCUK. SO YOU CANT SAY THAT THE PURPOSE IS TO WIN

OMFG.. THIS IS SO ****IGN STUPOID

ADDED: IF they wanted to see who wanted to win in a RACE, they'd just race on teh streets. using traffic lights. go off that. no point spending 45bux and waiting 45minutes in between each run to see who wins.

ppl want to go and see their ET's and 60ft times on official printed slips
    Go zicO!!!

Its for your own personal enjoyment.
    Row row row your boat

Back to the topic of mph.. from my perspective it is a means to help you win in a DIAL-YOUR-OWN system. You see I race some quick VW's that run quicker et than us (high 11's to very low twelves) but have lower mph (107 to our 112). This means that even though they are quicker, we are chasing them in the top end and when its the first to cross the finish line without going under your dial in it is very important because you can control the race to an extent (because you can go faster but they can't). But saying that ET is king.

Now to the off topic of breaking records/getting pb's as apposed to winning races through reaction times. it all comes down to what you want to achieve. If it's a test n tune my brother and I sure as hell don't care who we are racing or try to cut a really good light to win.. we are trying to get pb's and push the limits of the car. But when we enter a competition round it is a different story. Qualifying is the best time to break a record or get a pb because the track is well prepped and it doesn't matter if you win or lose. However in eliminations the pb's can definately come another day and reaction times are the priority. There are others (like Online and their CRX) that would rather get a pb in this situation and if I was looking to break a major record I'd be doing the same... but since I'm not in a position to do so the best I can do is win so that's what I try to do.

Each to their own but both sides have their own valid arguments
    LunchBox Racing
    K20A 1985 Civic
    11.67 @ 116.55mph
    allmotor street tyres

Quote Originally Posted by claymore
    "ppl want to go and see their LOOSING ET's and 60ft times on official printed slips". Yea sure people want to go to a RACE track and loose???? That is what is so stupid.
    It depends on your aim at the track. I know that i usually end up against an 11 second v8 or rotary. It'd be pretty pointless for me to try and get over the line in front of them.

Similarly, when you go to a track day, you don't engage in panel to panel racing in your street car, it's more about trying to get the quickest time you can.

So- for those of us without the means to run a dedicated race car, we're going to race the clock, and forget about the person in the next staging lane...

id say all people who go for the first time to an official 1/4 , go to run for fun
    And , they inadvertably will try to "race" at the drop of the green lightl. Its called adrenelin pumping...dosent matter what car you are up agaisnt lol.

R/T dosent matter at all. MY last run , i left ir 2.5 seconds before i crossed the beams and still caught up to the skyline in the other lane