Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yep, not a hard job to do.

I was planning on adjusting my shocks to a stiffer setting while I was at it as well (I have Koni reds, which are internally adjustable, meaning I have to pull the suspension out to adjust them).

Got them off Trav (egsi) - Underground Imports. Shoot him a pm and he'll sort you out.

as said - you NEED bumpstops in any shocks. its obviously to prevent the shock bottoming out. Aslo as said above - if you are bottomign out , time to rais e the car or get stiffer springs or better shocks

Member Array
    Car:
    97 VTiR Prelude
    thing is i dont think its bottoming out....like i've never really known what bottoming out feels like. Only thing is scrubbing on the guards...thats it...no bang sound or whoteva it is that some people say that happens when u bottom out. if say i hit a pot hole or there's a ditch in the road r sumfn then i may occasionally hear scrubbing as the guards come in contact with the wheels due to sudden compression of springs...but in general i hear scrubbing when taking corners or when there are dips in the road...situations where the springs suddenly compress for one reason or another.

Hence my question is once again...would replacing the bumpstops that came originally with Tein SS, with these superlow ones fix my problem?

If there are no bumpstops in the Teins, then yes. If you find you don't have any bump-stops, then I'd suggest you fit some ASAP, and while you're at it, set the front shocks a little firmer. This *should* solve your scrubbing problems. Worked for me.

Member Array
    Car:
    97 VTiR Prelude
    Shocks are already on stiffest setting front and rear...this (and more careful driving) did help eliminate most of the scrubbing...but i still get the odd occasion where I hear it.

As far as Tein SS coming without bumpstops...that shuldnt be so...rite? i mean as ben said...every shock should have a bumpstop...and id assume since Tein SS are a pre-assembled shock-spring combo...there would be bumpstops present...rite??

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic EF9
    the tein ss do not come with bump stops from what ive seen
    Buddy clubs do come with bump stops

Quote Originally Posted by aznpsuazn
    the tein ss do not come with bump stops from what ive seen
    Buddy clubs do come with bump stops
    WRONG
    Tein ss com with bumpstops inside the upper black rubber boot. (ontop of the shock)
    Most if not all shocks/coilovers etc have bumpstops.

Member Array
    Car:
    97 VTiR Prelude
    ben....so then would you reckn changing from tein ss bumpstops 2 these superlow ones will make a difference in my case??...im being rather speculative of this idea

If your coilovers have bumpstops, then it'd be pointless changing them over unless they had fallen apart. How old are your Teins?

s tune Array
    Car:
    99 DC2 sold :(
    Quote Originally Posted by chingaling
    but i heard... when the bum stop goes over a big bump... it bounces the whole car off the track... .. did that happened to urs?
    Basically if your car touches it's bumpstop only rarely when you hit a nasty unavoidable bump then that's acceptable, but if it rides on the bumpstop regularly then this is is not good, as the suspension is not able to absorb the car's movements and the bumpstop quickly rebounds against the shock which can cause dangerous handling.
    This is usually only a problem if the car is lowered and the spring rate is not suitably increased and also fitted with matching shocks.

Member Array
    Car:
    97 VTiR Prelude
    Quote Originally Posted by DomenEK
    If your coilovers have bumpstops, then it'd be pointless changing them over unless they had fallen apart. How old are your Teins?
    They are something like 2 months old, so id imagine they are in a near new condition

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic ek hatch
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitZ

if your hitting your bump stops.. its time to either get harder sprigns.. or shorter shocks
    amen