Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    1999 S15 Silvia Spec R
    they have a 2L model in the UK?? wow it must be slow!!

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by ZEi20T
    they have a 2L model in the UK?? wow it must be slow!!
    It's the same engine as the one in the Integra luxury and the Civic Sport. It's not as fast as the 2.4L but it's an option to save fuel. Even better is the 2.2 CTD-i. I've read user reviews from the UK where the guy test drove both and found the 2.4L lacking in the usual 1000-4000rpm rev range. The 2.2 diesel was better in every way at 1000-4000rpm except for the engine sound.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    hms I thought the 2L was the same as the Japanese Euro-R crazy high revving 2L engine, guess its just an economical version instead..

But either way, the 2L would need to be revved high to get decent power, whereas the 2.4L is more suitable for everyday driving especially in traffic, thanks to the torque advantage.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro 17's and Slush Box
    I reckon they could all do with an extra cylinder or two, 2.4 bad enough let alone 2.0 ltr how uncool and embarassment would the clacketty clack diesel be in the sporty Euro guise?

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro
    you can always buy a Type-S? It too has the 2L but then again, UK gets real japanese performance and we get, hmmmm.

Member Array
    Car:
    2JZ w/2 snails
    like mentioned before, they did a 24 hour endurance race in 5th gear, and did pretty good in the Euro

and topgear love their vtec, from the civic type r, the s2000 and the atom, all clarksons fav's

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Season 1?

You sure..
    [NSW]VTEC Number Plates for Sale: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63267

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroDude
    hms I thought the 2L was the same as the Japanese Euro-R crazy high revving 2L engine, guess its just an economical version instead..

But either way, the 2L would need to be revved high to get decent power, whereas the 2.4L is more suitable for everyday driving especially in traffic, thanks to the torque advantage.
    2.4L is a good all round engine giving good fuel economy and round town driveability.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual

JTUNE stage 4 should take care of this!

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe

The EuroR has a different k20A. It gets the one from the JDM DC5R but with peak torque at 6000rpm.

So overall, Japan gets 2 versions of the 2.0L and the 2.4L. UK gets the lower powered 2.0L, the 2.4L and the 2.2L diesel.

Quote Originally Posted by europro
    I reckon they could all do with an extra cylinder or two, 2.4 bad enough let alone 2.0 ltr how uncool and embarassment would the clacketty clack diesel be in the sporty Euro guise?
    The diesel is not the clacketty type. There's a reason why the i-CTDi engine won the 2005 International Engine of the Year award in the 2.0-2.5L category. Imagine, a diesel beating all the petrol engines in the most popular category that includes the MPS's 2.3L direct injection turbo, Volvo/Ford's 2.5L inline 5 turbo and even BMW's 2.5L inline 6 in the E90 3-series.

If you have seen the size of a DOHC VTEC head for a V6, it won't fit into the Euro's engine bay. The SOHC V6 might fit though.

Quote Originally Posted by blk05gli
    you can always buy a Type-S? It too has the 2L but then again, UK gets real japanese performance and we get, hmmmm.
    The Type-S comes with the same 140kW 2.4L engine that we get. UK gets the same 140kW that we have, plus the low power 2.0L.

Japan's 2.4L makes 147kW, USA used to have 147kW, but are at 160kW for their 2006 engine. I wonder if it is possible for an engine swap to be done with a 2006 USDM engine (not sure if their ECU can run our instrument cluster).
    Last edited by aaronng; 02-11-2006 at 08:23 AM.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    yes i'm sure season 1.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_top_gear_episodes

see descript of season 1 episode 4 and yes it is the accord euro. i've seen it with my own eyes.

Seik

I have season 1 episode 4... will watch it again tonight.