Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 vti-s
    i dont want this to be a long thread and i have done searches but i cant find what im after. There must be a correct answer for this

Whats the best size in diameter that my exhaust piping should be.

I dont want stock, as stock is a pea shooter 5th accord pipe.

I have 2.25 inch piping in mine but I'm pretty sure that 2.5 inches will probably be a little better.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 prelude h22a
    2.25 is great, i wouldnt go bigger than that, i have had a great response with that size. AND DONT WHATEVER YOU DO CHANGE THE STANDARD HEADERS!! they are absolutely perfect from factory at tuned length!. i remember people always asking what brand mine were, and they would spin out cos theyre standard.

[off topic]hehehe elee with your turbo i dont know why your not going bigger dude.. [/off topic]

Moderator Array
    Car:
    BB2
    Quote Originally Posted by h22a accord
    i dont want this to be a long thread and i have done searches but i cant find what im after. There must be a correct answer for this

Whats the best size in diameter that my exhaust piping should be.

I dont want stock, as stock is a pea shooter 5th accord pipe.
    Mine's a 2.45 inch (just under 2.5 basically) and it delivers well across the powerband.

-az

Member Array
    Car:
    94 prelude h22a
    bigteethygrin Posted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 7:56 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[off topic]hehehe elee with your turbo i dont know why your not going bigger dude.. [/off topic]
    $$$and time my friend in time

yes stock headers are fine, for daily driver occasional squirt. but are restrictive up top 6k rpm plus.
    if you do or start doing alot of track days then you'll need to consider gettin some headers, coz you have to remember, the amount of air entering the motor, has to be expelled, you dont want to choke your motor at a consistent 7500rpm on track for sevreal minutes at a time. itll start to put abit of strain on there.
    but yes the stock headers are very well designed.

As for exhuast size, my headers are for h22a, the collector is 2.5inch internal diamter, but my pipeing is pretty much like azz, 2.45 or just a fraction smaller than 2.5
    2.5inch if you do track days, since you'll be reving at 5500rpm all teh way to the end often.
    and 2.25 if its a daily driver, occasional squirt, but also good enough for track use.

note 2.5 will feel alittle slugish down low. not so noticeable but ye.

i dunno if you'll go track or not, but 2.25 would be wot i'd get if i didnt track it.

dude you seem to know about H22A can you please tell me more about it like how much power, how heavy and stuff thanx man im thinking of buying it and fit it in my civic thanx again

H22a are a good engine Cvik ryda but way too big for your car...it will throw the geometry way off...understeering will become a more of a problem...wat i would recommend is a B18Cr from a type R integra...way more practical and it has been done before and if u get a front cut then u get everything u need...gearbox LSD everything...where as the preludes have and open diff(one wheel spinner)

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    I say 2.5" definatly if your wanting to be going hard (Track)
    Quote Originally Posted by z3lda
    ey, was drivin a honda city before...
    felt like the biggest poofter in the world..LOL

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 vti-s
    jdm prelude h22a has lsd.

Member Array
    Car:
    ap1
    smeagle ur a lost ****... 5.5" yeah ok....
    If u've done that conversions b4 and still use 5.5"... you must be the dumbest shit eva.
    Don't be such a sad **** and add stupid posts.... If your that bored u got issues bad
    Last edited by DaViSoN; 24-09-2004 at 02:29 AM.