Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: D16Y4 power

Surrufus:
    I suggest that you save up and do swap. I notice that u r in perth and driving the same car as me. So maybe we can work together with the swap. I'm thinking about k20 engine but won't do the swap anytime soon, maybe in 3 yrs time (just got a job recently). At that time, hopefully the price of k20 engine would have gone down. Then u and I can be the evil twins haunting the v8s

TRAVDM Array
    Car:
    Lots of Hondas
    ur such a hater bede
    Last edited by egSi; 06-07-2006 at 09:43 PM.
    oh wrd!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Ek1 Civic LXi '97
    Hey i have just brought a d16 vtec version for my ek... what will i need to make the conversion ie new ecu etc...?

is the y7/y8 the sohc vtec version of the di6y4??

cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    EKONE
    d16y8 is the soch vtec version of the d16y4

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM K20A
    Quote Originally Posted by VT3C
    a re-ground stock cam is useless - you might as well just handover your cash to me. if you going to bother messsing around with this engine in order:

1. VTEC headswap
    2. aftermarket ECU
    3. LPT kit

otherwise, you got no chance of keeping up even witha stock B16A so why bother ?
    what aftermarket ecu do you recommend?

e-manage? hondata? unichip?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda CRX
    just sell ur car and get a vtec
    less hassel and still keep car in stock condition

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EF9 SiR
    If you want too keep your existing engine then the best you can do is a nice intake, cheap header and 2" exhaust for around $800 youll get about 6 - 8 Kw out of that.

Trust me dude having tried to build a d16y8 up with cams, and bolt ons, it really isnt worth it, I spent about 3K and ended up only just being about as fast B16a2.

Also now having put a B16a4 in my civic, It's ended up being more than I first expected, working out cheaper if I bought a B16a2 civic from the factory, ie EK4 or EM1

SO........................................
    Advice from someone who has done it all, please learn from my mistakes.

If you wanna do an engine swap, B18c Type R($8000 installed) or K20a2($10000 Installed) Else your wasting your money. If you wanna B16a sell your car and buy a civic with one. Turbo charging is also an option($4000) And your car will be about as quick as an Integra Type R.

Good Luck

- Kyle

Member Array
    Car:
    "11 Civic TypeR
    Kyle: Is it worth getting a chip for the D16Y4? along with the base intake/header/exhaust combo.

I'm looking for a light upgrade for the old EK.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    ^ its good for what it is
    daily driver wif good fuel consumption
    "since we're both asian.. I'll look after you and chuck in King Springs with the wheels and tyres for $1050"

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    if u wanna keep the d without spending the big bucks on b series swap,
    i'd say do a mini me and also get the Y8 gearbox. they're a lot shorter than the Y4 box so your acceleration will be up

Quote Originally Posted by maligorvna
    Hey i have just brought a d16 vtec version for my ek... what will i need to make the conversion ie new ecu etc...?

is the y7/y8 the sohc vtec version of the di6y4??

cheers
    you'll also need a P2P ecu. the y8 is the vtec version of the y4/y7. a d16y7 is basically the shitty US version of the d16y4. when doing minime's the yanks use a bunch of other parts of the y8 such as the intake where as aussies dont have to cause the y4 already has the same intake as the y8
    hope this helps

ps: no offence but i also think u'r a lil nuts buying the conversion without a lot of research
    Last edited by kraiye; 07-11-2006 at 11:30 PM.
    FOR SALE: Injector seal kits || Dayco B16A timing belt