Thread: DA9 sussi

Member Array
    Car:
    93 B16A DA9 Integra
    according to the above thread

"Here's what you will need to use EG/DC shocks:

-EG/DC shocks
    -EG/DC front forks"

now the thread pretty much talks about using the stock shocks of the eg/dc model. now in using coilovers made for those models, would all i need to get them on r the front forks?

im lookin at buying these
    Tein Super Street damper ( height and softness and hardness adjustable )
    DC2 $1480- including Type R LCA
    EG (Australia) $1480- including Type R LCA
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30918

so according to the g2ic thread, all ill need is the eg or dc front forks for these teins to fit? would i need the rear LCAs aswell? or would my stock da 1s suit?

also i had my wheel alignment done yday, and its pretty much farked up the ass (the rear was lowered, but it was a pretty poor job). so would these work in correcting the front?
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55019

sorry bout the long winded post
    cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    integra ls
    i said it earlier, and ill say it again...

if you are fitting dc2 NON R suspension, all you need is FRONT DROP FORKS.

if you are fitting dc2 R suspension, you need DROP FORKS AND LCA's

the fact that these kits include the type R lca suggest that they are designed for dc2r, but you need to ask. as i have also said previously, i think its a waste of money buying lca's because there are plenty of coilovers made for regular dc2s that will do the job, and leave you with one less thing to purchase and install.

imo super street are pretty pussy, in terms of spring rates

if youre about to install new sussy dont bother dealing with your alignment problems now (unless they are due to something being bent/broken). get an alignment done after the install

Member Array
    Car:
    89 LS Teg aka ugly teg
    I've got koni yellows, set at fully sick 4wd ride height so I can actually get up my driveway. And the only gripe I have with it is theres abit to much body roll and traction problems coming out of hard corners.

Would white-line rear sway bar and front strut brace fix this up? I'd rather not go for a rear strut brace if I can avoid it because My custom built sub box wouldn't accomodate one. I'm also planning on replacing all my bushes while I'm at it.

I can't do anything about the ride height until I move house next year, its currently about half an inch lower than my daily DA9 which I'm assuming is running stock kit.
    Last edited by gumbs; 05-11-2006 at 12:45 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    92 Integra LS
    i've got a set of tein ss on my LS that i dont want anymore, pm me if your interested. I would have to organise some standard springs before i could sell them to you tho

Member Array
    Car:
    93 B16A DA9 Integra
    looks like the koni yellows r a popular choice
    i was havin a look on the american tein website, and theyve got a kit specificaly for the da9, with pillow ball upper mounts and suited for the EDFC! too bad we cant get em over here

Mr Will... sorry dude, when i was copyin from the link i didnt even look at the fact that the LCA were included... which is a bit odd when i think about it, coz he has a set for the DC2R.
    so just 2 clarify, if i get the eg set, all i need is the drop forks?

Member Array
    Car:
    Ventura Bus Route
    i recently installed tein SS on my LS with DC forks and ITR LCA's. all i can say is, im very glad i didnt go for spring and shock setup. i am more then happy with the result

edit; took me and a friend approx 1 hour to install all for including the arms and forks. and it was the first time iv installed suspension, so dont be afraid to grab that wrench!!

Member Array
    Car:
    93 B16A DA9 Integra
    sounds good dude
    just a couple qs... how would u describe the ride and quality of the ss as opposed 2 the stocks?
    and which ss did u use?

Member Array
    Car:
    Ventura Bus Route
    on the street i have them set at 2 clicks from soft at the front, and 4 clicks from soft in the rear. it is not harsh at ALL and is very user friendly. absorbs alot of harsh bumps and doesnt compromise ride quality. almost like standard with the boaty-ness. stiffer is a completely different story obviously..
    they ss's i used where from a ITR

Member Array
    Car:
    93 B16A DA9 Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by Steer^Gimic
    on the street i have them set at 2 clicks from soft at the front, and 4 clicks from soft in the rear. it is not harsh at ALL and is very user friendly. absorbs alot of harsh bumps and doesnt compromise ride quality. almost like standard with the boaty-ness. stiffer is a completely different story obviously..
    they ss's i used where from a ITR
    sounds good
    itr sussi... so i assume thats y u need the itr lcas.
    wats the handling around corners like?

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra LS
    i can vouch for those teins on steer^gimics car, F**KING awesome man!! i took his car for a spin in the hills, and it feels like stock, except your like a bees dick aways from the ground and the car bahaves itself in corners. The way he has the shocks set up (damper wise) is really good as he pretty much eliminated most of the understeer. As compared to my car which has stock shocks and pedders springs, his is less bouncy, but no less a good ride. He got brand new itr lcas on his car to fit em, but it was most worth it. So get proper coilovers if your gonna fork out the cash, you will not be dissapointed *cries* now i need to save for coilovers!

Member Array
    Car:
    93 B16A DA9 Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by crispy
    i can vouch for those teins on steer^gimics car, F**KING awesome man!! i took his car for a spin in the hills, and it feels like stock, except your like a bees dick aways from the ground and the car bahaves itself in corners. The way he has the shocks set up (damper wise) is really good as he pretty much eliminated most of the understeer. As compared to my car which has stock shocks and pedders springs, his is less bouncy, but no less a good ride. He got brand new itr lcas on his car to fit em, but it was most worth it. So get proper coilovers if your gonna fork out the cash, you will not be dissapointed *cries* now i need to save for coilovers!
    sounds good
    i can tell theres a massive difference between my old da9 and my current 1. i like the stock feel of my old 1, where as this 1 is too harsh, and maxes out if ive got a passenger in the back seat. probably coz the dude b4 lowered the springs sum how, really put out my wheel alignment. which is pretty much y i decided 2 go for coilovers.

ive decided between these 2

http://www.ksportusa.com/products/coilovers.html
    http://www.tein.co.jp/e/products/super_street.html

i like the ksport coz they have 1 specifically for the da9, but the teins give me the option of the edfc later on. they also make 1s for the da9, but only in the states.
    any1 tried the ksport? ide like 2 hear wat use think
    cheers