Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    NYC Subway
    lol... 235/50R17 100W

Well when your on a track and the car isn't yours, what else are u supposed to do but hammer it

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Dunlops SP series or something?

found an article, they comment " Nice, but not a legend" lol
    http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/Ar...ID=20343&vf=26

.© ♪

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    NYC Subway
    They're actually Yokohama Super Advan's.
    Last edited by pkn; 09-11-2006 at 01:39 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    NSX, Legend & Civic racer
    [QUOTE=pkn]The new Legend is a very impressive car.

It was launched at Oran Park and we got to test out the technologies that the car is equipped with. Still came off the track on 3 occasions pushing the SH-AWD

Good as the SH-AWD is, it can't overcome the laws of physics

I actually got mine last Thursday, 2nd of November! White with Ivory interior. I did some country "running in" over the weekend, did about 600kms driving down to Collie to watch some mates thrash around on a "Sprint Day".

In a word this car is AWSOME for the money. The motor feels strong form a standing start or low speeds, but, pulling out to overtake slower traffic that is doing about 95 kph, it's fantastic. The auto drops down instantly and the thrust it delivers is like an afterburner has just been lit You can really feel all those 217kw, despite the weight!

On smooth, secondary country roads it's natural gait is in the 140 to 160 kph range, and at those speeds it feels SO planted. With it's tight body control it really does flow along smoothly, cornering flat and true.

Mind you it's not perfect [what car is?] I believe tyre noise on the course aggregate roads which prevail over here in country WA is un-acceptable in an otherwise quiet car. It is most noticable when going from smooth bitumen in the town sites to the rough aggregate of the open roads and having to turn up the superb sound system 3 or 4 "notches" to be able to "hear" the music!! A word to you salesmen on this board - canvas the roads you use to roadtest this car, ensuring there are no changes of surface, because it is THAT noticable, even to average Joe.

Also the "de-contenting" of the features available overseas is disappointing, for someone like me, who knows what is available elsewhere

And I believe that this "de-contenting" is at the root of why we still don't have our "sat nav" programme. Overseas the car comes with an industry best voice recognition software, which is NOT availabe here, and I believe this is causing the delay in writing the software for Australia.

Driving down the road the car is not as "smooth riding" as it could be, with a very minor vibration coming through the suspension. I don't know if an out of balance tyre is to blame or not, but it is probably a function of firm bushings that give the car it's excellent handling. Have the same vibrations in my NSX, but it is acceptable in that, not so in a luxury car.

But the negatives really do pale into insignificance when you look at this car as a whole. Or take it for a quick squirt on wet and greasy roads. Can't wait to take it up to Barbagallo Raceway for some driver tuning

They really should sell like the proverbial, to people who want an incrediblly safe, fast cruiser, that also doubles as a true luxury car! It wont win many stop light "grand prix", but it will get you from point A to B quicker than anything on the low side of $160,000! [Luxury Cars only]

Or you could spend $140 big ones to buy an equivalently optioned BMW 530 which will give similar "driving pleasure" to the driver, but will not do anything else anywhere neally as well as the Legend. And we wont mention relaibility. Or the added safety of that brilliant AWD.

Enough of the ranting, it's time to go drive!

Laurie.

Member Array
    Car:
    "11 Civic TypeR
    Nice feedback mate, how does it feel on continuous corners (twisty trails)? Does SH-AWD throw off or does it pick it up intelligently?

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Is there a SH-AWD button like there is a VSA button on the euro's?

Woud be interesting to know how the car performs when SH-AWD is disabled

On the Euro, VSA thinks we are all bad drivers (or all roads are covered in gravel) and takes corners way too cautiously, limiting quite alot of engine power, when we could do the corner quite safely with an extra 20% engine power (throttle).
    .© ♪

lolz seen da news adds fo it lolz
    headlights move wif ur steering wheel =D
    Chunky = the first youngest ozhonda member ever

OZHONDA 4 LYFE!

Member Array
    Car:
    NSX, Legend & Civic racer
    [QUOTE=RyDC5S]Nice feedback mate, how does it feel on continuous corners (twisty trails)? Does SH-AWD throw off or does it pick it up intelligently?[/QUOTE]

The car feels smooth, and is totally composed is the best way to try and exlplain it. On applying the power just before an apex, the rear axle feels as though it is rotating or stepping out, just like an NSX. This is a function of it's overdriving the outside rear wheel. But where the NSX needs carefull throttle control, and/or smooth input from the steering wheel, the Legend's rear axle just follows the front faithfully [at least at "sane" speeds on public roads].

The car does this totally seemlessly, even in round-about "flip-flop" situations. Don't know how it would perform in tight "autokhanah" conditions, but so far it feels totally "natural" if un-naturally good.

In fact on the open roads it does actually feel like a mature, slightly overweight NSX! As if an NSX has grown old and heavy, but not bloated, and still has all the moves, but is experienced enough to know not to get itself into trouble. A bit like me I suppose

EuroDude, the SH-AWD cannot be disconnected as far as I'm aware, but if you did - it would revert to FWD.

VSA can be turned off. Have not tried it yet, I'll wait till Barbagallo for that But in the wet, the VSA is brilliant. Unlike other VSA's which apply only the brakes to stabalize the car, SH-AWD initally apportions the DRIVE to individual wheels to stabalize the car. It is only after this is not enough, does it apply the brakes to try and bring the car under control. [And those brakes! They feel wonderfully reassuring, fantastically powerful from speed.]

The result [so far for me] is a VSA that works so well you really must have good "car feel" [18 years of circuit racing] to even be aware it is actually activating. I'm only speaking from my point of view - I like to balance a car on the limit of adhesion, feel the tires just begining to loose their grip and trying to hold it there. this car does it for you!!

You might be able to do it better, but you would have to be very good. And it is NOT something you should be attempting to acheive on public roads.

Yes chunky, the inside headlight does rotate towards the corner your taking, but it is so suttle you hardly notice the "real" benefit it brings.

All in all, the "driving" technology this car has is very intuitive and really quite un-obtrusive for the most part.

EuroDude, can you imagine what the SH-AWD system in a RDX turbo-motored Euro Accord would be like? Move over Evo's and Rex's

Laurie.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Yep that would be freakin sweet, I read that the next euro shape will have SH-AWD. Combine that with Honda's new infinite variable VTEC K-Series (like porsche system). Doubt Honda would ever put a turbo in their accord line up though.. (except the diesel off course).
    .© ♪

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroDude
    Is there a SH-AWD button like there is a VSA button on the euro's?

Woud be interesting to know how the car performs when SH-AWD is disabled

On the Euro, VSA thinks we are all bad drivers (or all roads are covered in gravel) and takes corners way too cautiously, limiting quite alot of engine power, when we could do the corner quite safely with an extra 20% engine power (throttle).
    SH-AWD is not the same as VSA. VSA is a stability control program. SH-AWD is an AWD system which has both hardware and software parts. It's like asking to flick a switch to turn off the EVO's AWD.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    I know they're different , was just wandering if its possible to disable the SH variable torque system but still keep AWD active, and compare the performance (track times) to see how much better SH-AWD system is over typical AWD setups.
    .© ♪

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroDude
    I know they're different , was just wandering if its possible to disable the SH variable torque system but still keep AWD active, and compare the performance (track times) to see how much better SH-AWD system is over typical AWD setups.
    When you make it a 50:50 split and compare it to other 50:50 cars, the AWD system makes almost no difference compared to other factors such as weight, power and suspension.

Anyway, SH-AWD is like a normal clutch diff-operated system, but with the addition of variable torque split of up to 70% power and overdriving for the outer rear wheel.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2