Thread: ek1 exhaust

Member Array

ek1 exhaust

hey all,
    i am after a catback exhaust for my ek1. want one that wont be too loud, and without a cannon muffler on it. my budget is around 800. can anyone suggest a good make/brand that may suit me eg tanabe, apexi, mugen, xforce etc.
    cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    EK>DC5R>S2K&JAZ
    have a search around and see people comments,
    personally 800 you could probably score yourself a xforce set-up if you want genuine parts then you might need alil more considering install etc.

there is a apexi and buddyclub for sale (marketplace section in this forum) under that budget however they might be alil too loud for your liking.

personally just get a 2.25" pipe with a cat, then maybe a xforce twinloop muffler. its quiet down low and has a nice tone when idle. vtec it screams

gl

Member Array
    Car:
    for Ek1, it's a bit hard to get the right size from those japanese factory.As most of the spec they sell are for EK4/EK9,the piping will be too big for you.
    You an either go for tanabe(they specific made for EK1), or try x fore let see what they have got.

get xforce twin loop ($150 - $200) then go to ur local exhaust shop to make a custom 2" cat back piping. I wouldnt waste money on exhaust for ek1.

Member Array
    yeah i was lookin at the xforce stuff, seemd good for what i want, installing it will be for free ( mate doing it), eventually i plan on putting a b18 in it. do you think a 2.25inch cat back with twin loop will work well with the b18.
    also does anyone know where u can buy tanabe exhausts from. havnt seen the advertised anywhere

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    jus wait til u get b18 then where ur money will b worth the while
    "since we're both asian.. I'll look after you and chuck in King Springs with the wheels and tyres for $1050"

if u r going for b18c R, then i suggest u should get 2.5". An as mrwillz said, wait till u get the b18c.

as for tanabe, try Assassin Motorsports
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=60

he's selling tanabe for ek4.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK Hatch
    Im running a fujitsubo powergetter. Should suit ur needs. 2.38" piping i think
    blehskeelz

Member Array
    ok, ill just put a lukey muffler or something on for now to get rid of my crappy cannon. and save for new engine . thanks everyone