Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Overheating

Member Array
    Car:
    EJ8 Turbo

Overheating

Hey,

My main Overheat problem I think is that my coolant goes from my radiator to the reserve tank and it overflows. After driving I stopped to see any leak, and I noticed the problem was that the coolant was gooing to the reserve tank... and overflowing...

Did you guys know what is going on... It is just a radiator problem .. any suggestion?..

The fan does still go on, and the temp does go down when i boot it as more air is sucked in from the intercooler

Thus, main problem is that when on idle, the temperature goes up, and the fact that the coolent was going to the reserve tank.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Huy

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    you might have a head gasket problem.

Member Array
    Car:
    EJ8 Turbo
    Im thinking it might be that as well..
    as there is some power loss...but i was hoping that was due to the overheating causing everything to lag
    how would i do a test?

pressure test on your radiator will tell if your headgasket is gone
    JDMYard Eg civic lsvtec 1.04:1 WAKEFIELD PARK
    Bel Garage Dc2r/Neptune ecu
    SUPERLAP 2010 clubsprint FF na winner
    1.54.81 street tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    EJ8 Turbo
    yeaa
    i just read up on a few ways to test it out
    its strange tho..the car ran completely well yesterday withought any overheating problem at all
    and most of today as well

estimates on the cost of replacing the head gasket?

Member Array
    Car:
    EH and EK
    check your oil, if its milky your head gasket is gone, maybe your thermostat is playing up

Member Array
    Car:
    EH and EK
    check your oil, if its a bit milky you head gasket is gone,maybe your thermostat might be rooted

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    Does it constatly fill the overflow bottle and not return back when cold? If you have not overfilled your coolant in the first place I would make sure the Radiator cap is functioning correctly first.

If thats fine and it continues to fill the bottle and not return back then I think your head gasket might be blown from water channel to a Cylinder. On the compression stroke it is forcing air into your water system and in turn pushing your water out and overfilling your bottle.

Take it to a mechanic to get it checked out.
    Deano.

Member Array
    Car:
    EJ8 Turbo
    Thanks for the replies!
    Well i have checked my oil..and it isnt milky in any way..everything seems to be normal in regards to that...

And the coolent does return back to the radiator from the reserve tank after the car has cooled down...

So at the moment from what i have checked, it doesnt seem that i have blown my head gasket...

so could it possibly be just the simple problem of the radiator cap?

I suppose ill replace that, just to try it our anyway

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    If the coolant is returning back then the radiator cap is fine, as it should work both ways.

You sure you simply have not 'over filled' your coolant past the full line on your overflow bottle when the motor is cold?

Coolant/water expands and if the bottle is overfilled then it will overflow when engine is warm.

Check it when cold.
    Deano.

Check the thermostat. You might want a cooler opening therno to help move heat quicker... My temps went up also but i changed the thermostat and it holds ok temp now

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Checked that you don't have any air bubbles in your coolant piping.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2