Buddy Club Spec III Plus Camshafts???

Does anyone have any experience with these cams, I just found out today about them, on BC website it says they are bolt on replacement, so there is no need for retainers, springs, pullys ect.
    I don't know much about these things (only what I read) so any help is good.

This is what I read

Ideal for stret use
    Direct Bolt-On
    Patent pending lob e forming technology for low to midrange torque
    Provides smooth constant power throughout the power

Base Dyno: B16 w/ GSR Cams and GSR Headers 170.9HP, 123.8TQ
    Buddy Club Dyno: B16 with SPEC III+ CAMS and GSR Headers 184.9HP, 129.4TQ

That's dyno result they have, it looks good to me, by the way i drive DC2R, would it make same gains as b16 they tested??

Member Array
    Car:
    Teal Mx5
    I have them on my car, u'll need value springs.
    Well I dunno if I got any power from the cams but yeh.
    U'll need an aftermarket ECU to get more from them.
    Row row row your boat

Member Array
    Car:
    83,83 & 84 gen1s & 91 CRX
    LJ - to get best results from a bolt in set of aftermarket cams its always good to get a set of cam gears and an ECU. That way when tuned you're using all the right boltons to get the most HP. Cams alone won't do much, a little but gears will allow them to open and close at the right time as well as the ECU (piggy back should be sufficient) will get the A/F ratios right.

Ofcourse a step up from there is doing headwork, port and polish - compression ratio increase etc...
    GENONE - 1983 Honda CRX | BANDIT - 1984 Honda CRX/HKS Supercharger | SINISTR - 1991 Honda CRX | RACECRX - 1983 Honda CRX with JDM B16A

If I decide to go with cams I would definitly get Power FC and cam gears, but that would be most likely early next year, I want something simple and reliable, woudn't want to do all headwork ect, I'm just doing some research at the moment so when time comes I have some idea of what I want, and pretty much by descripton these cams and ECU would be perfect for my needs.

Member Array
    Car:
    83,83 & 84 gen1s & 91 CRX
    You will get a small gain with just the cams - thats the basic mod and if the profile isn't too harsh you'll get away without the ECU/Cam Gears at the start.

one of my friends is running a mild grind cam in his CRX and on stock ECU and no cam gears the acceleration difference was insane!
    GENONE - 1983 Honda CRX | BANDIT - 1984 Honda CRX/HKS Supercharger | SINISTR - 1991 Honda CRX | RACECRX - 1983 Honda CRX with JDM B16A

Member Array
    Car:
    2002 DC5R
    so it starts LJ hehe...

haha not yet just getting some info and options in my head, hope to get it all done in the first half of next year (need to save up a bit hehe)

Member Array
    Car:
    2002 DC5R
    yeah i know what you mean, i've been thinking about the possibility of cams and ECU recently. one powerball!!

hehe powerball, thanks god for WA boom (mining industry) hehe, few weeks up north shoud fix everything hehe