Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Again? Do you always hold the clutch in at the lights and power-shift alot or something? Maybe its the driving technique..
    .© ♪

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro '06' MT
    hmm i think ur on the ball ferrista(damn forgot how to spell it) lol i apologise.... i duno hahha sounds like it makes sense or could be aarons idea lol....either way its sumfing i wouldnt have a clue about...and off to HONDA i go....they better not brush me off and better not blame my mods for it....or ill get angry xD...

in regards to eurodude's quote....no i dun use any of those clutch killer techniques lol.... funi enuf my cars been redline probally around only 10 times in its life and 5 of those ten was because i was testing my CAI typhoon hahahha... so yea no funi take off's, smooth cruiser....maybe if i had a more of an aggressive vtec point that might of been different tho.... considering that redline now is more common since the CAI was installed hahaha........ohhh the swweettt soundd hmmmm *yumm* haha...

HONDA here i come....

oh yeah come to think about it all happened when i took the car to melbourne....but i cant see why coz of course i wasnt ripping it or anything...more like driving constantly at 120KM/H on the freeway....it happened when i parked on a hill street to look at a map.... Clutched, break... 1st gear release clutch and acelerate and bammmmm..............SCCCRREEECCCHHH~~ =\

on a side question....is driving ur car continously for 10 hrs harm the mechanics in the car much....cos thats wat i did when going to melbourne.... doesnt sound like a good idea now lol....
    Last edited by sameol3; 18-11-2006 at 07:00 PM. Reason: missed a part....

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroDude View Post
    Again? Do you always hold the clutch in at the lights and power-shift alot or something? Maybe its the driving technique..
    Its got nothing to do with driving technique
    [NSW]VTEC Number Plates for Sale: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63267

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by sameol3 View Post
    on a side question....is driving ur car continously for 10 hrs harm the mechanics in the car much....cos thats wat i did when going to melbourne.... doesnt sound like a good idea now lol....
    Not sure, but it shouldn't cause it. I'll drive down to Melb as well, so if mine starts to screech, I'll post it up here.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by sameol3 View Post
    is driving ur car continously for 10 hrs harm the mechanics in the car much....cos thats wat i did when going to melbourne.... doesnt sound like a good idea now lol....
    Shouldn't be a problem at all - better than stop start traffic.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro '06' MT
    took my car in for service yesterday...after doing the 30000 KM service and oiling suspension and so forth the noise magically disappeared....im stumped at the cause as oiling the suspension and so i dun think that would of helped...lets hope the noise doesnt come back either way....if not ill have to get them to look at it again on my next service...

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Did they change the tranny oil during the service?
    Maybe that fixed the problem..

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro '06' MT
    not sure...ill go home and check the recept... hope it doesnt come back lol...ill go find a nice big hill to check it on lol...

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic RS
    manual gear boxes dont have trans oil.

If the cause as a thrust bearing it would happen everytime you put your clutch in and u wouldnt hear anything when u let the clutch out, also its a problem that gets worst and not better without changing the bearing, which is a pain u have to drop the gear box to get to the clutch & bearing.

im stumped at what it could be to if a service fixed it, a service is normally just tune and lube, ??? i aint a mechanic and it shows lol.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Quote Originally Posted by 80057 View Post
    manual gear boxes dont have trans oil.
    umm yes they do, they use Honda MTF. Although some people use normal engine oil in their manual tranny. I used Castrol Magnetic in my Civics 'box, no probs

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro '06' MT
    arh took my car for a spin this morning... nice hill it was too...man the noise is still there but very very faint ....no idea wats going on...it was hard to replicate it... as only happened sometimes....wasnt like before when i didnt even have to try and i heard it....now i had to ride the clutch alot more and give it abit of stick for it to make the sound....

but then again its very faint so i duno....might have to wait and see...

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Maybe there is a ruff patch on the clutch, caused by riding the clutch on one position too long?