Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Air con stalls car

I bought an EK4 with a Microtech LT8-S (i think).

When i turn the aircon on the car reaches almost zero rpm and sometimes even stalls. Im aware on the stock ECU when the aircon is on the car will increase the revs to prevent this.

Is there a solution to this?

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    adjust the base idle to a higher RPM

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Beat
    its not possibel that the air con pully is seazed or nothing like that?

Car:
    twin GX160's
    if it was seized when ever the AC is turned on at higher RPM you would shread the AC belt.

they do put a bit of load on the engine at idle, and with out compensation by the IACV RPMs will be very low

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    Usually most aftermarket computers have a sensor for a/c load, which will idle it higher. Maybe it was not wired in properly? or you have not checked the idling on the ecu that has the air-con settings.

Yeah it isn't the prob with the a/c its that the engine is not idling high enough under the a/c load
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    going merry
    Sorry for the hijack but for my car my ECU doesnt increase the rev when aircon is on so whenever the radiator fan comes on the rev just drops and feels like it wants to stall then picks back up. Is that normal?

Member Array
    Car:
    2CD and 3DG
    yes...
    wen aircon is on it should drop revs...about 400rpm...

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Beat
    Quote Originally Posted by ECU-MAN View Post
    if it was seized when ever the AC is turned on at higher RPM you would shread the AC belt.

they do put a bit of load on the engine at idle, and with out compensation by the IACV RPMs will be very low
    In most cases probably yes
    but my mate had a ford telstar and it had shit bearings in it where the car would almost stall and run liek shit we cut the belt off and he needed a new compressor...

Member Array
    Car:
    1996 VTI-R HB Civic

Help

Quote Originally Posted by mchngun View Post
    I bought an EK4 with a Microtech LT8-S (i think).

When i turn the aircon on the car reaches almost zero rpm and sometimes even stalls. Im aware on the stock ECU when the aircon is on the car will increase the revs to prevent this.

Is there a solution to this?
    Gday m8,

If i may, I would like to ask you for some further information first?
    Upon cold starting the vehicle does it idle up on it's own?=So as to suggest that the ecu and iacv are working in conjunction. Did you perform the ecu installation and program yourself or have someone else do it?=Initialising the high load idle setting in an ecu with factory style learning curves is necessary reguardless of aspiration.

Pm me if you'd like and i will more than likely be able to help you so long as you have the answers to these questions.

Cheers,
    Johnny B.

Representing DH-R All Day Everyday
    http://www.dh-racing.com/motors.html

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    It may not be caused by the Microtech LT8-S, rather it could simply be a dirty throttle body causing bad idle which is amplified/noticed when A/C is on. Clean the IACV filter while ur at it.

Car:
    twin GX160's
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroDude View Post
    It may not be caused by the Microtech LT8-S, rather it could simply be a dirty throttle body causing bad idle which is amplified/noticed when A/C is on. Clean the IACV filter while ur at it.

I dont think he running a IACV. may not be connected

Quote Originally Posted by SKREMN View Post
    In most cases probably yes
    but my mate had a ford telstar and it had shit bearings in it where the car would almost stall and run liek shit we cut the belt off and he needed a new compressor...

but that was a FORD

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVtec View Post
    Gday m8,

If i may, I would like to ask you for some further information first?
    Upon cold starting the vehicle does it idle up on it's own?=So as to suggest that the ecu and iacv are working in conjunction. Did you perform the ecu installation and program yourself or have someone else do it?=Initialising the high load idle setting in an ecu with factory style learning curves is necessary reguardless of aspiration.
    No on cold starts the idle stays the same. And the ECU was already in the car when i bought it, does anyone know if the microtech has the sensor for AC load ?