Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro Sport
    The oil filter is only $12 when servicing at Honda.

I would use only Honda OEM brake/transmission fluid. The only non-Honda fluid I would use is windscreen washer and engine oil. I am running Motul 8100 5-40w in my Euro without any difficulties, having run in the car on Motul 4100 semi-synth. I am tempted to give Mobil 1 (gold bottle fully synth) a try though... except I do not think $80 every 6 months for oil is justifiable.

If you provide all the parts, yes they deduct it off the cost of your servicing. It is very unorthodox for someone to bring in 'all' the parts rather than just engine oil. Labour is the most expensive part of most services anyhow.

Member Array
    Car:
    03EuRo LuX 6spd
    Quote Originally Posted by tanalasta
    The oil filter is only $12 when servicing at Honda.

I would use only Honda OEM brake/transmission fluid. The only non-Honda fluid I would use is windscreen washer and engine oil. I am running Motul 8100 5-40w in my Euro without any difficulties, having run in the car on Motul 4100 semi-synth. I am tempted to give Mobil 1 (gold bottle fully synth) a try though... except I do not think $80 every 6 months for oil is justifiable.

If you provide all the parts, yes they deduct it off the cost of your servicing. It is very unorthodox for someone to bring in 'all' the parts rather than just engine oil. Labour is the most expensive part of most services anyhow.
    thanks for the ideas, what about if your car is no longer in warranty would you service it yourself?
    18" Lenso Tenzo Type M, BC Coilovers, Black Sills

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    tanalasta.How much is the Motul 8100 5-40,Is is full synthetic?......Thanks.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Black Stallion
    Quote Originally Posted by martizzle
    thanks for the ideas, what about if your car is no longer in warranty would you service it yourself?
    That's right. The only reason we servicing in dealer is we dont wanna break warranty. In dealer, they even charge for disposing old oil and other waste.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro Sport
    Motul 8100 is fully synthetic. Motul 4100 is semi-synth.

The former costs $65. The latter $45.

Member Array
    Car:
    1999 S15 Silvia Spec R
    i was just quoted $595 at Eastwood Honda (Sydney) for a 40k service. i might shop around. it seems the further west you go, the cheaper the services get! But getting there and back is the hard part

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    I cant even remember making this thread!

Anyway i just di my 60,000 service and it cost $303
    [NSW]VTEC Number Plates for Sale: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63267

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Yeah,it pays to make a few calls for prices every service!!!

Polar Bear Array
    Car:
    09 RB1 Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    At the moment, the only thing aftermarket has been engine oil. But when it is time for my brake pads to be replaced, no way am I going back to the Honda ones. They are very bad (for the Euro). Usually people go to supercheap and buy that $40 special pads, which are totally crap. I'll be getting proper adhesion/abrasive pads which should maintain braking friction up to high temperatures.

Anyway, I change my own pads.
    Aaron, what brake pads you're using now? or which brake pads is good for euro othethan the stock one? I almost reach 40K now i might ask them to change the brake pads for me as well.
    Team Agentz

Options Motorsports

My Accord Euro: [ENDUT]

My Odyssey: [BRUANG]

MY GARAGE SALE

Member Array
    Car:
    1999 S15 Silvia Spec R
    if anyone could tell me what i do in a valve clearance test and adjustment ill do it all myself and wont bother with a factory service. its out of warranty so it wont matter one bit to me. damn i keep meaning to find the service manual again........

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Atjo View Post
    Aaron, what brake pads you're using now? or which brake pads is good for euro othethan the stock one? I almost reach 40K now i might ask them to change the brake pads for me as well.
    I'm still on the stock pads. Still lots of pad life left in them. If I were to change, I'd go for Hawk HPS or Ceramic for price value, or Project Mu B-Spec or NR for performance.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000, RIP Prelude Vtir
    if you havent done it before the K series isnt the easiest to get to when doing valve adjustments. Probly better to get it done at the dealership.

Quote Originally Posted by ZEi20T View Post
    if anyone could tell me what i do in a valve clearance test and adjustment ill do it all myself and wont bother with a factory service. its out of warranty so it wont matter one bit to me. damn i keep meaning to find the service manual again........