Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTI-S

40000km Service whos had it done to there Jazz

I'm about to take my car to honda to get the 40000km done in two weeks. I got a rough quote of $700. I asked him was was involved. He said it had to be left overnight to check the tappets ? is this to do with the valve clearence, And spark plugs and manual transmission oil...and the usual oil filter, air filter and oil change.

I don't really have any other choice but to take it to this dealer cause they are the only ones in my area.

Does this sound about right for what I am getting done. I think i might highlight the fact that mine (1.5 Jazz) does not need sparkys replaced only the 1.3 model. So it would be interesting to see what they do. I will certainly hightlight that fact its not part of the scheduled service.

Anyway opinions please ......

Member Array
    Car:
    Enzo
    mines is well passed the 40k mark and no i dont need to leave the car overnight.
    "It’s more fun to drive a slow car fast than to drive a fast car slow."

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    yups, they also have to take off your intake manifold.
    and they also replace the gaskets when taking off the manifold to do the work.

Member Array
    Car:
    03 Indy Yellow S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Catcha View Post
    I'm about to take my car to honda to get the 40000km done in two weeks. I got a rough quote of $700. I asked him was was involved. He said it had to be left overnight to check the tappets ? is this to do with the valve clearence, And spark plugs and manual transmission oil...and the usual oil filter, air filter and oil change.

I don't really have any other choice but to take it to this dealer cause they are the only ones in my area.

Does this sound about right for what I am getting done. I think i might highlight the fact that mine (1.5 Jazz) does not need sparkys replaced only the 1.3 model. So it would be interesting to see what they do. I will certainly hightlight that fact its not part of the scheduled service.

Anyway opinions please ......
    mate this is the first time ive heard you have had to leave a car overnight for a 40,000km service .
    whats your location ? maybe someone else on here can point you to another mechanic .

If you want to know whAts needed to be done to your car for the 40k service ? read your service book , it list all jobs that need to be carried out in the service .

I paid $360 for a 40,000km service on my S2000 using all geniune parts and fluids - which keeps your warranty valid if thats an issue .

Shop around , im sure you'll find a better deal , as even from honda dealer to dealer , prices vary .

I did my 40000kms service at Honda service Chadstone and there's no way I would have paid $700! From what I recall it was about $400. I'd do a bit more searching if I were you

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTI-S
    I probably have to leave the car there so its easier for them to service the car first thing off the line the next morning ....but besides that i don't know what else is so major about it

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTI-S
    Quote Originally Posted by FIT View Post
    mines is well passed the 40k mark and no i dont need to leave the car overnight.

how much did you pay ?

Member Array
    Car:
    CVT VTI
    When checking & adjusting the valve clearances the engine has to be stone cold (check your manual and I think under the bonnet). That is the reason why they asked you to leave the car overnight. The majority of dealers do not do that. I asked at Astoria Honda and they said they use a huge fan to cool down the engine.

Anyway Astoria Honda quoted me around $600. If anyone knows a dealer in Melbourne who does the 40K service for around $400 please let me know as the 40K service is due soon.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTI-S
    I chased up the situation...apparently $700 is the worst case scenario...but it ranges from $550-620......

I rang up Ultra Tune and they said $300. But how well would ultratune follow follow the book. And with all this Vavle clearance stuff. Would they do it or just another serivce but do more parts......

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    I don't trust Ultratune for the valve clearance check.

Call around the other dealers. Where are you located?
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTI-S
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    I don't trust Ultratune for the valve clearance check.

Call around the other dealers. Where are you located?

Darwin I have my doubts about that too

Member Array
    Car:
    Former Jazz
    I paid around $600 but that was including honda brake pad change and air con clean.