Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by xtercii View Post
    We should eat, sleep, drive, shit, piss, f uck and just live by top gear.
    no we should do things by you...
    top gear is just an example of some truth, they do have good unbiased reviews...
    Quote Originally Posted by riceball View Post
    ballers like barefootbonzai can afford to spend money on his car and save for a future...

Member Array
    You still haven't answered my question on why FWD is a waste of money... not gonna waste my time searching the net to find out why FWD when i already have someone here who can tell me . and if topgear told you that jumping off a cliff is good for you, you probably would do it too hey
    Disadvantages of front wheel drive
    The center of gravity of the vehicle is typically farther forward than a comparable rear-wheel drive layout. In front wheel drive cars, the front axle typically supports around 2/3rd of the weight of the car (quite far off the "ideal" 50/50 weight distribution). This is a contributing factor in the tendency of front wheel drive cars to understeer.
    Torque steer can be a problem on front wheel drive cars with higher torque engines ( > 210 N·m ) and transverse layout. This is the name given to the tendency for some front wheel drive cars to pull to the left or right under hard acceleration. It is a result of the offset between the point about which the wheel steers (which falls at a point which is aligned with the points at which the wheel is connected to the steering mechanisms) and the centroid of its contact patch. The tractive force acts through the centroid of the contact patch, and the offset of the steering point means that a turning moment about the axis of steering is generated. In an ideal situation, the left and right wheels would generate equal and opposite moments, cancelling each other out, however in reality this is less likely to happen. Torque steer is often incorrectly attributed to differing rates of twist along the lengths of unequal front drive shafts. However, Center-point steering geometry can be incorporated in the design to avoid torque steer. This is how the powerful Citroën SM front-wheel drive car avoided the problem.
    Lack of weight shifting will limit the acceleration of a front wheel drive vehicle. In a vehicle the weight shifts back during acceleration giving more traction to the rear wheels. This is the main reason why nearly all racing cars are rear wheel drive. However, since front wheel cars have the weight of the engine over the driving wheels the problem only applies in extreme conditions.
    In some towing situations front wheel drive cars can be at a traction disadvantage since there will be less weight on the driving wheels. Because of this, the weight that the vehicle is rated to safely tow is likely to be less than that of a rear wheel drive or four wheel drive vehicle of the same size and power.
    Due to geometry and packaging constraints, the CV joints (constant-velocity joints) attached to the wheel hub have a tendency to wear out much earlier than the universal joints typically used in their rear wheel drive counterparts. The significantly shorter drive axles on a front wheel drive car causes the joint to flex through a much wider degree of motion, compounded by additional stress and angles of steering, while the CV joints of a rear wheel drive car regularly see angles and wear of less than half that of front wheel drive vehicles.
    The driveshafts may limit the amount by which the front wheels can turn, thus it may increase the turning circle of a front wheel drive car compared to a rear wheel drive one with the same wheelbase.
    source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Front_w...nt_wheel_drive

heres more crap for ur reading
    http://www.automotivehelper.com/topic370281.htm

its called yahoo.com im not gonna waste my time for u and type up loads of crap.

FWD is disgusting, end of story, u don see bmw or ferrari making any fwd cars. (today)
    Last edited by mj3610; 24-11-2006 at 11:31 AM.
    ballers like barefootbonzai can afford to spend money on his car and save for a future...

Array
    Car:
    115hp 4stroke yamaha
    from the same source i see alot more advantage points then disadvantage.
    JdmYard, Team POV!

Member Array
    Car:
    01POV
    lol, you f ucken loser. If you haven't relised this is a honda forum. Let me guess you drive one as well.

you can hate on my car all you want, cause it ain't my fault your a poor mother f ucker who can't afford shit, and relies on the government to support you.

You're a f ucken dreamer mate, and that's all you'll ever be.

As for my car i couldn't be happier with how it's come along. Don't worry there's heaps of haters out there. You're just on of many losers.
    |=TeamPOV=|=JDMYard=|=EK Squad=|=101 MotorCafe Performance Tuning=|

EK Koni Yellows + King Spring Combo for Sale

Member Array
    Car:
    n/a
    Jeremy gives out some of the most biased conclusions in his show. When he first tested 350z, he gave it 3/10 and a grade of C. Basically he had nothing good to say about it, and now look what the whole has to say about this car. In another instance, he said Ferrari 355 is the best looking Ferrari ever made and reckons 360s don’t look so good. He’s biased opinion just goes on.

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    Quote Originally Posted by barefootbonzai View Post
    lol, you f ucken loser. If you haven't relised this is a honda forum. Let me guess you drive one as well.

you can hate on my car all you want, cause it ain't my fault your a poor mother f ucker who can't afford shit, and relies on the government to support you.

As for my car i couldn't be happier with how it's come along. Don't worry there's heaps of haters out there. You're just on of many losers.
    i love your car dang.
    lol.
    that's be being serious, and to stir mj.
    lol.

Member Array

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLL yeah i drive an accord, and why would u say i rely on the government to support me? u don even know me u donkey...
    the diff between u and me is that u waste all ur money on ur shitbox while i save up and get further in life

Quote Originally Posted by xtercii View Post
    Jeremy gives out some of the most biased conclusions in his show. When he first tested 350z, he gave it 3/10 and a grade of C. Basically he had nothing good to say about it, and now look what the whole has to say about this car. In another instance, he said Ferrari 355 is the best looking Ferrari ever made and reckons 360s don’t look so good. He’s biased opinion just goes on.
    lol yeah i know i meant performance wise, in terms of looks of a car u can like whateva u like its ur opinion...
    performancewise F1 cars are top, thats a fact. in terms of looks they look like a bobsled with huge wheels, now thats just my opinion and it dont really matter, get my drift?

*EDIT*
    i just cracked up from the fact that barefootbonzai thinks hes rich or something cause he drives a civic, and everyone else is poor LOLLLLLL
    i could buy 3 of ur car right now if i wanted, but i wouldnt even pay a single cent...
    Last edited by mj3610; 24-11-2006 at 11:41 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    01POV
    Ain't nothing better i rather do then spend money on my shitbox. If you can't afford to play with cars and afford other things in life, it's ok. It's ok to be poor, faggot.
    |=TeamPOV=|=JDMYard=|=EK Squad=|=101 MotorCafe Performance Tuning=|

EK Koni Yellows + King Spring Combo for Sale

Array
    Car:
    115hp 4stroke yamaha
    ballers like bfb can afford to spend money on his car and save for a future...
    JdmYard, Team POV!

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    fwds can perform.
    maybe not as good as a rwd, but for a streeter, you gotta have respect for the boosted, and k swapped, and highly modified n/a motors for the hondas.
    even around the track they can perform quite good, you see the results from the wakefiled track day? honda vs nissan.
    nick in his d16y4 cut a great time for his car, and racing against rwd nissans, and he still was infront of them.
    all comes down to driver as well.

my opinion, your too narrowminded.

Array
    Car:
    115hp 4stroke yamaha
    Quote Originally Posted by mj3610 View Post
    *EDIT*
    i just cracked up from the fact that barefootbonzai thinks hes rich or something cause he drives a civic, and everyone else is poor LOLLLLLL
    i could buy 3 of ur car right now if i wanted, but i wouldnt even pay a single cent...
    you must be a baller aswell if you can afford 3 of bfb car...
    JdmYard, Team POV!

Member Array
    Ain't nothing better i rather do then spend money on my shitbox. If you can't afford to play with cars and afford other things in life, it's ok. It's ok to be poor, faggot.
    LOLLLLLL
    u've made me laugh today, good work.

you must be a baller aswell if you can afford 3 of bfb car...
    no im no baller but i can still afford 3 of his car with all his mods...