Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My CAI

This is my alternative for a bellmouth that I made for my dc2 jdm front integra, works great too!

Last edited by Sifu; 03-12-2006 at 09:28 AM. Reason: wrong image url

Member Array
    Car:
    EK CiviC
    That looks sweet, sifu. How'd you make that? Do you have a vacuum former or something?
    Project Civic777 - obsession for achievement

^^ Nope, no vacuum former here. You just got to play around with fibreglass a bit and do some molding.

I can make some extras/spares and put them up for sale if anyone is interested.

Member Array
    Car:
    Turbo 85 Civic
    i havent put on a bellmouth just yet because i put the bumper back on and forgot to measure how much room there is beind it. I have to pull it back off soom but to give it a paint so ill measure it then.

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8
    Just thought I'd add, if you use a bellmouth, be sure to attach it properly haha Mine sat in place on its own because the pipe was that mouldable stuff that locks in shape, so I only attached it at one point.

When I was going rather fast on a windy day, the air pressure disconnected the bellmouth/trumpet and forced it under the wheel, dragging the whole slinky pipe with it and ripping the 1/4 panel liner with it. Not a huge problem, but could easily had have been avoided if I realised how much force is applied to the trumpet at high speeds.

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8
    Your air duct looks an awful lot like this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-D...QQcmdZViewItem

And I look awefully like that person