Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Bangbus
    All I'm reading is excuses about a problem that originated from the owner.

Having a cry about a problem you created, and then are not willing to have fixed properly.........not cool...

Guys, tuners and workshops are able to provide solutions based on work they have done or will do on a car. It is extremely hard for someone to sove a problem on on work that hasnt been done by them. Alot of corners can be cut on even the simplest of modifications as I have come to find out first hand. Tuners can get you out of a hole most of the time depending on how big the issue is, and most of the time will have a fix even if it isnt the prettiest or most financially viable.

I was the previous owner of this car and i took it to TODA stock. I gave them a budget and the gave me a solution. With the standard ECU and naturally aspirated motor, it made 153kw atw after they had finished - on their dyno....Sometimes issues can be deeper than ther obvious and its best to stick to proven and tested solutions. If you do have problems, research until your fingers bleed as even one other poor soul on this planet will the same problem and most likely overcome them.

Yo Flipstar give us a call man. I might have a few contacts who can sus the car out for you dude. Its not the end of the cars life...eventually we'll find a fix mate.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK
    You can make all the excuses you want as to why it doesnt run well, but NO workshop can probably save the current problems you have seeing the only person you have to blame is yourself or whoever put your car together, do you expect it to run well after strapping a kit to it and then plugging in a emanage without it being tuned properly, the amount of differences between how the emanage has been set and what you have put together could be massive, injector size, fuel pressure, octane of fuel, boost levels, intake temps, suitable map sensor all many varibles that could be giving you grief.

Why dont you go back to the installer of the kit, and if you bought the emanage why dont you have the code? The ability for an ecu to be coded is so that the tuner can protect his time and work that he has put into a tune, and if you dont have the code, then starting from scratch is your only solution if the fault is within the tune.

Also time is money, if you go there, and dont like the soloution they present knowing they actually have a clue unlike you do on the situation, then why shouldnt you be charged for thier time, if workshops didnt charge for the time wasters day in day out, they'd all be doing it alot tougher then they already are.

Also, how were they to know exactly what was wrong with the car when you ring up and say something along the lines of, my turbo s2k does hit Vtec, there mechanics, not magicians.

Let us all know how you go at the next workshop you take it to.

Why vtec may not be engaging is because, when you reset the ecu it has to re-calibrate the sensors & also see if you can run the emanage on a disabled mode so it by passes and runs off the stock ecu for now till you get it tuned.

WAN33Y mate for 50 bucks you got an hour and a half treatment... so id take the information Toda gave you and work towards a solution, 50 bucks mate you should be laughing...
    Last edited by STAiN MASTER; 20-07-2009 at 02:31 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG hatch
    they are all right man no point in flaming toda because they couldnt fix your car straight away everything takes time and you need to trouble shoot things yourself as well why dont you pop off one side of the intercooler and see if the car vtecs then if that dont happen why dont you check your wiring more then likely its a vtm wire missing in your
    PnP harness that is the vtec oil pressre sensor sort that out then go from there it could also be your map sensor, my kit was spiking past 12psi and the stock map sensor can only take something like 10psi i heard. just research man thats all you can do ay ask people get opinions and ideas dont flame toda for pointing you in the right direction
    EG RiceBall #2

For those with the Greddy kit, go to s2ki and ask politely for a unlocked basemap in the forced induction section. Plenty of guys have it there. I would help but I am on AEM EMS.Then go to your tuner and load the unlocked basemap and have them findle with vtec engagement, the stock exhaust is very restrictive but you should still be able to get good gains with vtec raised higher. TO get the potential of the kit you HAVE to whack on a free flowing exhaust or at least get a High Flow Cat and up the boost. 10psi was quite safe. I went up to 14psi eventually on stock compression but that was with E85, exhaust, high flow cat, boost controller, 750cc injectors. AEM EMS, GM 2 bar map sensor and a very good tune.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by WAN33Y View Post
    Its not the exhaust. Its the emange which needs to be tuned. A proper tuner would have the unlock code. Oh yeah by the way their dyno is useless. I got 144.6 stock and 153.4 with turbo (no vtec engaging) but on their crappy dyno on 125kw. If you want to get a proper dyno reading on your don't go to TODA. All want is for you to put more money into the car without actually fixing the problem. They want me to go spen $$$ on exhaust, which will not fix the problem. I told them exact issue i was having and they go they can tune and fix it. The tuner even wanted to wipe out my emanage and start from scratch. I go to him will it be fix. He goes i don't know. I go how am i going to drive the car if it doesn't get fixed. Its all about the $$$ for them. Find a good tuner guys if want to have good and reliable results. Those guys don't know how to tune and their dyno sucks.
    If it has an unlock code and it is set by the original tuner of that map, then how the hell so you expect someone else to know the code? Go through each number combination one by one?
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    i wouldnt go slagging toda/ adrian and his workmanship, if u do some research in boosting any car especially a honda, there is no way u can make any sorts of power with a stock exhaust, u need a minimum of 3inch all the way through with a good highflow cat..................

adrian is very well known and has done some amazing work, wether it be NA honda's or boosted honda's.

now ur e-manage is locked (from another tuner) or factory coded, so before u go blaming a tuner for not being able to unlock it, think about it logically, .... do u think u would be able to get into my laptop without the password??? its the same deal.

ohh well, hopefully u think about what u want to do and maybe ask around about what u want from ur car and speak to people who have done it before, .... especially before u go around thinking u know what is right and what u want even though u have no idea.....

no hard feelings, just frustrating seing someone slagging a very well known person and performance shop....

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    Quote Originally Posted by WAN33Y View Post
    Its not the exhaust. Its the emange which needs to be tuned. A proper tuner would have the unlock code. Oh yeah by the way their dyno is useless. I got 144.6 stock and 153.4 with turbo (no vtec engaging) but on their crappy dyno on 125kw. If you want to get a proper dyno reading on your don't go to TODA. All want is for you to put more money into the car without actually fixing the problem. They want me to go spen $$$ on exhaust, which will not fix the problem. I told them exact issue i was having and they go they can tune and fix it. The tuner even wanted to wipe out my emanage and start from scratch. I go to him will it be fix. He goes i don't know. I go how am i going to drive the car if it doesn't get fixed. Its all about the $$$ for them. Find a good tuner guys if want to have good and reliable results. Those guys don't know how to tune and their dyno sucks.
    Lol, ever heard of a happy dyno? 144.6 stock shietttt thats heaps. No wonder their customers leave there happy.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG hatch
    to get your unlock code email greddy support with your serial number on your EMU unit they should send it out to you
    EG RiceBall #2

i dynod mine it pulled 129rwkw stock
    "HONDA ADVISES THAT YOU PLEASE REMAIN SEATED DURING THIS FLIGHT, AS UN EXPECTED VVVVVVTEC!!! MAY CAUSE INJURY"

Member Array
    Car:
    CZ4A,EG-K,PP-K
    THROW YOU EMANAGE ITS GARBAGE!

you want to turbo ur car? dont use emanage
    its a piggy back and your engine wont last for 1 year

i learnt my mistake!

emanage is good for MIDLY moded car
    force inductions change alot of parameter values on sensors and tune, not recomended.

GOOD LUCK FINDING ur problem
    Unicorn: K20R Honda Beat PP1
    BTMotorsports
    JDM Auto Link - Your source for new and pre-owned JDM parts