Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 45SET View Post
    Why not just get a "custom" 3' exhaust if you don't want to run a cat/resinator/muffler?
    because you don't get the badge, J's Racing, unless your exhaust store is good enough build one of them
    Although, does anyone actually know the difference in pricing if you were to get a custom exhaust instead of the J's 70RS or so?
    is it much cheaper?

Member Array
    Car:
    Clio RS197
    I haven't had a custom exhaust made up for a car for a while, but I know most of the money goes to the muffler.

But I would hazard a guess that you could get a good cat back exhuast + 2nd hand Kpro + tune for the same money as the 70rr... plus 2 or so extra months.

^^^
    that's what I did. The K-pro + tune is the really the only way to go with modding the DC5R. It definitely has much more of a change in power then such an expensive exhaust

Why not just get a "custom" 3' exhaust if you don't want to run a cat/resinator/muffler?
    I've had a custom exhaust made up before.
    Made that mistake once before too.
    Quality isn't cheap to come by. Quality comes at a price.

Member Array
    Car:
    Clio RS197
    Ask Nuci... he paid top dollar for his exhaust, and it wasn't a "perfect" fit, there was even thought that it was a fake.

Sure, I'm all for branded parts, and I am also a big believer in "You get what you pay for"... but $2.5k for a CAT BACK exhaust... with no resonator or muffler (The two parts that cost the most in a cat back exhaust)... come on, that's just retarded, especially for a street car. You are basically paying for a titanium pipe, which is going to be end up being illegal (Due to noise). It'll save weight over other metals, but if you spent the same money on K-Pro & Tune or Decent rims & tyres or even a full exhaust system and intake, you would see better results.

I know I'll be getting a custom 3' exhaust once I've got the K24 fitted, because I know LOTS of people have got great results with that sized exhaust when putting a K24 into… well… anything.

Ask Nuci... he paid top dollar for his exhaust, and it wasn't a "perfect" fit, there was even thought that it was a fake.

Sure, I'm all for branded parts, and I am also a big believer in "You get what you pay for"... but $2.5k for a CAT BACK exhaust... with no resonator or muffler (The two parts that cost the most in a cat back exhaust)... come on, that's just retarded, especially for a street car. You are basically paying for a titanium pipe, which is going to be end up being illegal (Due to noise). It'll save weight over other metals, but if you spent the same money on K-Pro & Tune or Decent rims & tyres or even a full exhaust system and intake, you would see better results.

I know I'll be getting a custom 3' exhaust once I've got the K24 fitted, because I know LOTS of people have got great results with that sized exhaust when putting a K24 into… well… anything.
    As much as i do agree with you in somethings that you have said, i still will be purchasing it as the two things i don't have out of the ones you've listed is K-Pro and a Tune.
    hell i might even consider the 60RS but atm my mind is pretty much made up.

Member Array
    Car:
    Clio RS197
    Quote Originally Posted by WATAJK View Post
    As much as i do agree with you in somethings that you have said, i still will be purchasing it as the two things i don't have out of the ones you've listed is K-Pro and a Tune.
    hell i might even consider the 60RS but atm my mind is pretty much made up.
    Get K-Pro, or spend the money on getting GOOD suspension.

That is all.

Member Array
    Car:
    TYPE-S
    Get K-Pro, or spend the money on getting GOOD suspension.

That is all.
    Good suspension will cost a lot more then a 2.5k catback A non built non tuned motor as mentioned by 45SET will see very little in the way of gains from just catback, i only saw a 4kwatw increase in peak kw with a powergetter and header with a 200 cell cat, also ended up running a lot richer in the process. The only thing you are assured of with an aftermarket VS custom exhaust is the exhaust sound which why i went powergetter (also got a great price )

Member Array
    Car:
    Clio RS197
    Quote Originally Posted by stevanbonic View Post
    Good suspension will cost a lot more then a 2.5k catback A non built non tuned motor as mentioned by 45SET will see very little in the way of gains from just catback, i only saw a 4kwatw increase in peak kw with a powergetter and header with a 200 cell cat, also ended up running a lot richer in the process. The only thing you are assured of with an aftermarket VS custom exhaust is the exhaust sound which why i went powergetter (also got a great price )
    Good for a normal person...

Not Stevan Good

dont forget an expensive suspension wont make u automatically quick

out on track i've seen stock cars embarass drivers with $5k+ suspension setups

but anyway plz dont waste ur money on a 2.5k catback. you will regret it when u grow up

Member Array
    Car:
    TYPE-S
    Quote Originally Posted by l__i__l View Post
    dont forget an expensive suspension wont make u automatically quick

out on track i've seen stock cars embarass drivers with $5k+ suspension setups

but anyway plz dont waste ur money on a 2.5k catback. you will regret it when u grow up
    rofl

Very true, driver skill > any modification.

Member Array
    Car:
    Clio RS197
    Quote Originally Posted by stevanbonic View Post
    rofl

Very true, driver skill > any modification.
    Well... I guess you've got no hope then...