Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    hahah babyface, yeah well its better than having NO cupholders n spilling maccas drink allover my pants as i used to hold it between my legs while i try n shift & eat a softserv con all at the same time lol

so u rekon leave it bog stock then ? dont even bother ? wouldnt CAI/zort help with response ? im not chasing power lol just more response really. i dont really wana go turbo it n fk up a reliable daily LOL.. iv already got an unreliable weekend warrior that spends more time in the workshop than on the road.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    turbo a D series, isnt bad idea, because engines are cheap, parts not too hard to get.

sure those things will help, but where does it end? this search for response could go from buying and trying different CAI's because you here one is better than the other etc, a 2inch exhaust probably wouldnt hurt tho to rid of the old one that could be rusty.

replace filter with a new drop in panel and replace the pipe with something that has no resonators i think would be best bet and leave it at that.

Member Array
    cheers for that mate ! will speak to the mechanic n have a look under the car when i get the chance haha.
    iv read that the stock motor internals handle a lil bit of boost, however will the gear box n shafts etc be up to par ? (cant believe im actually considering doing it LOL)

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    nothing there about upgrading the other bits, so i think they will hold, old CV boots may give though. but thats cause they are old.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    I would go an eBay CAI (for the love of god don't go Injen/AEM/ARC etc save the money), an eBay 4-2-1 header (try to find the N*Power ones, good reviews here) with a 2" outlet, an eBay high-flow cat, and a custom 2" press bent mild steel exhaust, or eBay exhaust lol.

Theme here is keep it cheap. You can probably do all this for $600-800 new. Will sound better, maybe drive better a little.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    or dont get the header since, when you go turbo you have to junk it anyway.

a cat back wont hurt for now because you can continue to use it with a turbo, but the catback for now and turbo would be different sizes optimally.

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    Quote Originally Posted by skunk View Post
    hahah babyface, yeah well its better than having NO cupholders n spilling maccas drink allover my pants as i used to hold it between my legs while i try n shift & eat a softserv con all at the same time lol

so u rekon leave it bog stock then ? dont even bother ? wouldnt CAI/zort help with response ? im not chasing power lol just more response really. i dont really wana go turbo it n fk up a reliable daily LOL.. iv already got an unreliable weekend warrior that spends more time in the workshop than on the road.
    i would just put a ebay intake (a AL blue tube with pod filter) for the intake sound.
    and thats it.

change suspension and brakes, because u will feel more difference than engine mod.
    and its useful when later on u decide to swap with b and k engine
    connorling, your profile and evidenced by your post tells me alot about what type of feral you are..... all class 'hay'!!!! ps. not your m8....

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Quote Originally Posted by connorling View Post
    i would just put a ebay intake (a AL blue tube with pod filter) for the intake sound.
    and thats it.

change suspension and brakes, because u will feel more difference than engine mod.
    and its useful when later on u decide to swap with b and k engine
    Totally agree with you on this.

I'm running a 3" aluminium CAI and some coilovers. Great for daily driving fun.

Also got the ASR subframe brace and an ITR rear sway bar which is a lot of fun too.

Plus I'm also running a header but I picked that up for $199 power coated so it was a deal that I couldn't pass up

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    is power coat moar power?

yes the break upgrade is a must, DC2 knuckles and calipers aswell as trailing arms, booster,bmc

i did my complete upgrade for 160$

just find a teg wreck i even took the sway bars

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Better exhaust flow because the exhaust maintains a higher temperature and subsequently a higher flow velocity.

Plus reduces engine bay temps too.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Quote Originally Posted by Baby Face View Post
    Ah the joys of modding a different engine, that looking back and saying "FFS what a waste of money if i spent a bit more i could of B swapped it or turbo'd it"

i found the EG cup holders are sh!t cant fit large maccas drink in without it hitting the dash.

other than that the EG was live-able.
    Til someone stripped out the interior
    And put in 4-1 headers :P hahaha
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum