Hybrid View

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    Sounds like a dead/dying ignition coil.

Check the CEL and move ignition coil around, if cel move with specific coils, then you will know which coil had gone bad.
    Thanks yeah... I was thinking that actually..... I checked all the coils and they appeared fine. I've had a dud coil before after going through a storm and flooded highway... it sounded like a tractor, swapped around coils and found it.
    This time it does not sound like that or feel like that, I have fiddled with the coils and even pulled out the plugs out and shuffled them again, didn't make a difference really.

Only happens at idle really, I suppose it could be a coil but the weirdness is when I put the upper engine through it... it improves for 1-2 days

I think it's time to remove the TB and check out the IAC.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by Cla View Post
    I think it's time to remove the TB and check out the IAC.
    there is no idle air control in this car. it's drive-by-wire

check it anyuway tho, just in case it's gunk build up on the throttle plate.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    there is no idle air control in this car. it's drive-by-wire

check it anyuway tho, just in case it's gunk build up on the throttle plate.
    HAHA thanks! You saved me getting my tools out to take off a part that doesn't exist... though that's annoying as everything else has already had a good clean but something must be up around that as when its clean its good for a while so it might be really gunked up to go back to weird after a few days.