Chipped/Cracked windshield help??

So.... After parking my fd1 at my friends house, I finally got home and I noticed that theres 2 chips in my windshield now.

have no idea how.

They're both quite small but one of them has a tiny crack and I'm scared that it'll spread out and then I gotta replace the whole thing.

Called O'Brain they quoted me $150.

Is there anyone that knows how to fix or knows a good/cheap place?

Most comprehensive insurance policies will cover a full replacement every year. Have you checked your policy?

O'Briens are about twice as much as everyone else.
    Do a web search in your area,
    The crack will spread, repair is amazing and you cant see where it was.
    I found a local guy, who worked from home and was $70

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2
    O'Briens is a rip-off FYI. Same quality just has the names.

Call competitive windscreen or novus. They have reasonable price. Not the cheapest since they are licensed. I know an unlicensed dude who installed new windscreen for me for the same price as O'Briens quoted you above. Cheap as fk. But its up to you. He did my windscreen like 3 or 4 months ago I think and I have no problem so far (my FD2 got its windscreen smashed to pieces 2 weeks after I got the car, went to wrecker and get a genuine one for $150, the dude cut it off from the old car, transported it to my car which is 20km away and install it on the spot for $125). His workmanship overall is acceptable, since its cheap. The job is good, just that when he put my car back together he lost some clips and gave me cheap replacements. So yeah. Your call. From memory, he said $25 each chip (don't quote me on this)

PM me if you want this guy's number, otherwise call competitive windscreen or novus. You can google and get their numbers in seconds. Novus is almost everywhere and competitive windscreen is in bankstown. They are both mobile services.

And I wouldn't call my insurer if I were you, unless you want your annual fees to rise (from what I heard).

Chips are from small particles like gravels, etc. hitting your windscreen as you drive. Its unavoidable. And its better to fix it quickly because as said, it will spread
    Last edited by LetsDuDiss; 30-07-2014 at 09:09 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleDragon^^ View Post
    Most comprehensive insurance policies will cover a full replacement every year. Have you checked your policy?
    Full replacement just because of chips? Sounds too good to be true aye?

Quote Originally Posted by LetsDuDiss View Post
    O'Briens is a rip-off FYI. Same quality just has the names.

Call competitive windscreen or novus. They have reasonable price. Not the cheapest since they are licensed. I know an unlicensed dude who installed new windscreen for me for the same price as O'Briens quoted you above. Cheap as fk. But its up to you. He did my windscreen like 3 or 4 months ago I think and I have no problem so far (my FD2 got its windscreen smashed to pieces 2 weeks after I got the car, went to wrecker and get a genuine one for $150, the dude cut it off from the old car, transported it to my car which is 20km away and install it on the spot for $125). His workmanship overall is acceptable, since its cheap. The job is good, just that when he put my car back together he lost some clips and gave me cheap replacements. So yeah. Your call. From memory, he said $25 each chip (don't quote me on this)

PM me if you want this guy's number, otherwise call competitive windscreen or novus. You can google and get their numbers in seconds. Novus is almost everywhere and competitive windscreen is in bankstown. They are both mobile services.

And I wouldn't call my insurer if I were you, unless you want your annual fees to rise (from what I heard).

Chips are from small particles like gravels, etc. hitting your windscreen as you drive. Its unavoidable. And its better to fix it quickly because as said, it will spread
    PM'd

Thanks for the replies guys.