Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    ^^^ i rex i would have got the same as you... except mine was in the shop driveway with walls to both sides.. but it was pretty wide... still i'm sure echo has an effect.

i did manage to get mine down to 84dB on/off throttle consistently... anyone wanna know can PM me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow96GSR
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.

Member Array
    Car:
    06EuroLux6M
    Quote Originally Posted by dsp26 View Post
    ^^^ i rex i would have got the same as you... except mine was in the shop driveway with walls to both sides.. but it was pretty wide... still i'm sure echo has an effect.

i did manage to get mine down to 84dB on/off throttle consistently... anyone wanna know can PM me.
    Wasn't using a apexi ecv was it?

Anyone else used one?
    Supposed to reduce db my about 10 in the closed position.
    Best not to draw attention in the first place where excessive noise is not acceptable......ie...around police cars....lol

Should have mine in about a week so I'll let u know.........
    133.4kw atw
    14.8 - 400m Willowbank

except mine was in the shop driveway with walls to both sides..
    therefore an illegal/non-conforming test.
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    therefore an illegal/non-conforming test.
    I will bring it up with the DECC... it was quite difficult to pass.

only mod on the car when it did 90dB/92dB was 4-1 extractors and a 2.5in mandrel catback going into a standard muffler.

though i'm sure they should be aware of it as they even take pics of the testing location.... might drive-by one day and take pics myself.... what's your say on this matter tinkerbell? worth the effort taking it further?

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin086 View Post
    Wasn't using a apexi ecv was it?

Anyone else used one?
    Supposed to reduce db my about 10 in the closed position.
    Best not to draw attention in the first place where excessive noise is not acceptable......ie...around police cars....lol

Should have mine in about a week so I'll let u know.........
    nope. turns out it ain't road legal... the only variant of it thats legal is the Remus Powersound muffler which is manually adjustable with varying butterfly sizes as well... only one of the three in the range is EPA approved (the one with the biggest butterfly)... but thats when the EPA was around... the DECC are stingy.
    Last edited by dsp26; 26-12-2007 at 12:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow96GSR
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.

though i'm sure they should be aware of it as they even take pics of the testing location.... might drive-by one day and take pics myself.... what's your say on this matter tinkerbell? worth the effort taking it further?
    i posted a link in the other thread:

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showpos...1&postcount=24

open the .PDF and check out Section 3

i would assume this still applies.
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Member Array
    Car:
    06EuroLux6M
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    i posted a link in the other thread:

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showpos...1&postcount=24

open the .PDF and check out Section 3

i would assume this still applies.
    Damn it, how did you find that!

I had to phone the EPA to get that info.

Quote..dsp26
    nope. turns out it ain't road legal... the only variant of it thats legal is the Remus Powersound muffler which is manually adjustable with varying butterfly sizes as well... only one of the three in the range is EPA approved (the one with the biggest butterfly)... but thats when the EPA was around... the DECC are stingy.

The Apexi ECV has a full size butterfly valve and is manually adjustable....so wouldn't that make it legal according to your criteria?

...although I realize it is illegal to perform testing with it in the closed position.

The point I was making was that if you don't draw attention to yourself/car then you won't be required to do the inspection...hopefully.....
    133.4kw atw
    14.8 - 400m Willowbank

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin086 View Post
    The point I was making was that if you don't draw attention to yourself/car then you won't be required to do the inspection...hopefully.....
    yes, prevention is better than the cure
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude
    Just bumping this thread a bit...

But the latest guidlines for "light" vehicle modifications can be found here...

was looking at it a while ago and thought I should post it...

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Euro Luxury 09 Auto
    are interior neon/accenting legal? like its so bright u can see it from outside and thru tinting even

Quote Originally Posted by furythree View Post
    are interior neon/accenting legal? like its so bright u can see it from outside and thru tinting even
    it is quite possibly in breach of the Road Rules (particularry if the police officer is having a bad day):

http://www.legislation.nsw.gov.au/fr...7+0+N?tocnav=y

297 Driver to have proper control of a vehicle etc

(1) A driver must not drive a vehicle unless the driver has proper control of the vehicle.

(1A) A driver must not drive a vehicle if a person or an animal is in the driver’s lap.

(2) A driver must not drive a motor vehicle unless the driver has a clear view of the road, and traffic, ahead, behind and to each side of the driver.
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Member Array
    Car:
    A piece of shit
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayani View Post
    Carbon Fibre Bonnets / Trunks / Panels

Are they legal? This answer is not as simple as Yes and No.

These are the conditions:

A Carbon Fibre Panel (being a Hood, Trunk or Fender) may be only fitted if it is ADR Approved, OR it if there is an Engineering Signatory that has signed off on said panel attached to your vehicle as being within the rules of the relevant safety guides.

The issues lay with the following:
    Hinges : The area connecting to the Hinges to the Bonnet / Trunk must be sturdy & safe.
    Latches : The latch / catch system used to prevent the bonnet / trunk opening. (Well know systems include the Bonnet Pin System)

To ensure your Carbon Fibre Panel is complaint, look for ADR approved Caborn Fibre Hoods. Do NOT buy cheap imitations. Whilst they are tempting as cheap alternatives to the real-deal, they are a CONSIDERABLE risk to both your safety, and the safety of others.

This was RTA Confirmed.
    There is no legislation proclaiming that CF panels are illegal, but they MUST conform to particular standards.
    Regarding this... I have just been through my cars engineering. I have learnt the following:

* Carbon Fibre bonnets are legal

* Whilst talking to every single engineer on the NSW list, most of them have said they are legal, and the purpose of a bonnet is to cover the engine so people can't put their hands inside and burn themselves, or get their hands in the belts. Apprently it is a rumour that crumple zones etc are taken into consideration. It's a fact that CF bonnets don't crumple on impact.
    However, some engineers say that these bonnets need to be ADR approved, or crash tested to get them engineered.

* Bonnet pins are legal, as long as they don't stick up tooooo high. "Jags and mercs have those stupid badges that stick up, why can't you have bonnet pins" - quote from 2 engineers I spoke with.

* However, in order to comply, there has to be a hook and latch type system like OEM bonnets. Bonnet pins are simply not enough.

Member Array
    Car:
    A piece of shit
    Roll Cages

Also...

* It is legal to have a HALF roll cage, that does NOT go past the B-pillar. However, it needs to be engineered.

* Only with NO rear seats, and NO rear seat belts. Having passengers in the rear of car with a roll cage is highly illegal!

* It can be bolt in, or weld in. Doesn't matter.

* Main hoop has to wrapped in foam or some sort of padding greater or equal to 8mm thick (Apparently, according to Engineers)

* Car has to be registered with the RTA as a 2 seater once engineered.