Hybrid View

Hi Everyone, I have replied to earlier thread contributors regarding a clonking/clunking noise when lightly accelerating and decelerating at low speeds. I have taken the 2015/2016 HRV back to the dealership who acknowledge the sound but say it is "characteristic" and not a " fault" or "future problem". Today, I jacked up the driver's side of the car with the car in neutral and brakes off. I turned the wheel to and fro and the noise was evident as coming from the CVT GEARBOX. My neighbour who is very mechanically minded and experienced said it was "backlash" in the gearbox. Any comments from anybody else would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
    Barrierreef

Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrierreef View Post
    Hi Everyone, I have replied to earlier thread contributors regarding a clonking/clunking noise when lightly accelerating and decelerating at low speeds. I have taken the 2015/2016 HRV back to the dealership who acknowledge the sound but say it is "characteristic" and not a " fault" or "future problem". Today, I jacked up the driver's side of the car with the car in neutral and brakes off. I turned the wheel to and fro and the noise was evident as coming from the CVT GEARBOX. My neighbour who is very mechanically minded and experienced said it was "backlash" in the gearbox. Any comments from anybody else would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
    Barrierreef
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    OP here is the link to contact the department of fair trading

http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/ft...ontact_us.page

They will assign a worker to your case - state as much info as possible and they will chase up the dealer and get something done about it.
    5char
    JDM D15B - you wouldn't understand

No K-SWAP ? No worries - Unfriend