Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    hey Muzz can you post the shock dyno's?

Ive seen the normal Koni but not the Race Valved version.

Member Array
    Car:
    ek4lyf
    which ones goes lower ? lol
    CEE CEE DUB U

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic ek hatch
    Quote Originally Posted by sifoo View Post
    hey Muzz can you post the shock dyno's?

Ive seen the normal Koni but not the Race Valved version.
    Sure, here they are.
    Koni Yellow w/ SPSS3

Heres a typical responce from the people who run them, they really are great shocks.
    Well, my input is kind of late, but here it is.
    I've had a set of Koni SPSS shocks on my Civic for over a year. They are, quite simply, friggin awesome. The car handles like... well, like... I can't even describe it. It simply does what I want it to do. I have multiple ARRC champs coming up to me after races and saying stuff like "I can't believe how well that car handles, what have you done up under there?"
    Everyone who drives it (and that total is up to 4 people, soon to be 5) gets out smiling.

Oh, and after over a year (12 sprint races and 3 enduros) of curb banging, two wheeling, drive it like you hate it goodness there isn't a single solitary leak anywhere. Nothing. Nada.
    Heck, I just won the Koni contingency at the ARRC (4 free rebuilds) and don't even want to use it right now because I really dont need it.
    Not to mention the customer service. It speaks for itself.

Scott, who's a Koni convert.
    Taken from - http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1075746&page=3
    Last edited by Muzz; 01-04-2007 at 12:34 PM.
    Back from the dead

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8
    They look pretty good... anything on the koni coilovers?

I've had both N+ and currently using Racing Spec.

All i can say is, the N+ is no where good as the Racing Spec.

But the N+ is still awesome.

It's like:

N+ = A+

Racing Spec = A+++++++++++

Quote Originally Posted by nigs View Post
    Buddy Club RS: CIVIC EG6 AU $ 1,628.31 Honda Civic EG6, Front 12K/H200, Rear 8K/H200
    AWWWWWW >_<

I'd say go Cusco if you wanted comfort. Zero2 by Cusco are pretty damn good.
    Buddy club have a fantastic offer for all of you people looking to upgrade your coil overs. Check the buddy club website... its on the front page.

in addition, the Buddy club Racing Spec coilovers have an 'upside down' shock design - which is more durable and efficient, allow me to explain.

The dampening hardware including the main piston are bouncing upwards from the bottom of the casing, rather than downwards from the top of the casing. This means that the spring rate can be made lower, and the dampening force can be increased to compensate. - This makes for a better street ride, and less initial bound - and more control of the rebound motion of the shock absorber.

To put it simply, the Racing Spec dampers are a package that is designed to be long lasting, and still comfortable for daily driving. There is only one main disadvantage of the racing spec design - and that is the cost.

As someone had mentioned before, the P1 damper is not designed to be used for the street. They are Buddy club's flagship coilover package, and are made-to-order in your own custom spring, as well as bound and rebound rates.

Also, keep in mind that Buddy club offer a two year warranty on the body of the shock, and six months on the pillow mount.
    This warranty is minimum hassle and full replacement.... it breaks - bring it to us, we investigate to see what went wrong, we replace it.

Again, check the buddyclub main page... we have a special cash back offer on at the moment, which might just suit the situation some of you seem to be in!
    http://www.buddyclub.com.au/2007/ima...ture_honda.jpg
    http://www.buddyclub.com.au
    Contact Us! - support AT buddyclub.com.au
    We're here to help!!

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    I'm in the same boat, and I think I'll go with the N+. Alot of people are saying they are soft, and still have bodyroll and a bit of bounce, but I think combined with thicker swaybars, Cusco front and rear shocks, it'll really stablize my DC2.

Hopefully they won't be too soft and I have to sell them to upgrade to Racing Spec/Flex immediately.
    #

Member Array
    Car:
    ex-DA9, Altezza
    Quote Originally Posted by shebangs View Post
    I'm in the same boat, and I think I'll go with the N+. Alot of people are saying they are soft, and still have bodyroll and a bit of bounce, but I think combined with thicker swaybars, Cusco front and rear shocks, it'll really stablize my DC2.

Hopefully they won't be too soft and I have to sell them to upgrade to Racing Spec/Flex immediately.
    ModBox

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoon DA9R View Post
    hey buddy you said you found them soft with a alot of bodyroll? But do you think it was because you still had stock sways/struts?
    #

recovering.... Array
    Car:
    Nicole
    RS is crazyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyy

i love it

Member Array
    Car:
    ex-DA9, Altezza
    Quote Originally Posted by shebangs View Post
    hey buddy you said you found them soft with a alot of bodyroll? But do you think it was because you still had stock sways/struts?
    not a lotta body roll..but more than other sus...thats why i said with the right sway u'll do well...and i already have the 40mm front and rear cusco...but then sway will help more with body roll...so yeah...find a gd set of sway it'll be perfect for u since u say u need it 99&#37; for the streets and ur gf will def not complaint
    ModBox

bc n+ is crap, very stiff and very bumpy and body roll, i would steer clear off them...