2006 Accord Euro Power Steering Pump

Hi All

I just bought an Accord Euro 2006

My previous car was Accord 95 EXI

this has a leak on PS Pump, i have rebuild my previous 95 one and it worked great

would you kindly answer following questions

What is the pump manufacturer part number?
    is the rebuild kit available in Australia?
    how to get original Honda O-Rings part number for complete rebuild?
    I searched ebay for new pump, but not sure if its the exact match for Euro
    Shall i go for the wreckers? cos their pump might have same o-Ring failures as mine.

Please help and thanks in advance

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Hi.

1. there is an accord euro subforum: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/forumdi...86-Accord-Euro
    2. accord euro CL9 power steering pump is the same as the widebody accords of the same vintage
    3. rebuild kit is out there but i got mine from USA
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    Hi.

1. there is an accord euro subforum: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/forumdi...86-Accord-Euro
    2. accord euro CL9 power steering pump is the same as the widebody accords of the same vintage
    3. rebuild kit is out there but i got mine from USA
    Thanks for your input

Honda dealer wants $1200 for the pump

so you are saying all CL9 had same PS pump?

A manufacturing part would do a great help. i would buy from Ebay.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    56110-RBB-E01

But what I was saying was that all 4 cylinder accords (accord euro and normal accord)(even crv) made between 2003 and 2008 share the same pump design. But part number might differ
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

56110-RBB-E01

But what I was saying was that all 4 cylinder accords (accord euro and normal accord)(even crv) made between 2003 and 2008 share the same pump design. But part number might differ
    Hi Fred, as I Know CL7 accord owns EPS, do you havr any info if I would like to swap a aCL7 steering gear assembly into my 07 CM5 accord which came with a Hydraulic PS system? I am not sure if that EPS assembly fit my subframe with any issue ir not?

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by bian.yy View Post
    Hi Fred, as I Know CL7 accord owns EPS, do you havr any info if I would like to swap a aCL7 steering gear assembly into my 07 CM5 accord which came with a Hydraulic PS system? I am not sure if that EPS assembly fit my subframe with any issue ir not?
    The cl7 eps has its own ECU that's linked to the engine ecu to read engine speed among other wiring stuff.

Also the subframe bushing is a different size. Which makes the whole thing an expansive and extensive endeavor. ..

It might be easier to do a MR2 (yes toyota) electro hydrolic conversion http://www.superstreetonline.com/how...ower-steering/

The cl7 eps has its own ECU that's linked to the engine ecu to read engine speed among other wiring stuff.

Also the subframe bushing is a different size. Which makes the whole thing an expansive and extensive endeavor. ..

It might be easier to do a MR2 (yes toyota) electro hydrolic conversion http://www.superstreetonline.com/how...ower-steering/
    Fred I heard MR2 solution. my previous question is mainly on feasibility ratherthan cost consideration, I wonder if I have parts, do I still need any fabrication on subframe or other parts? Is this idea an "plug and play" case? I do not like to drill or fab on oem parts. this talk is for CL7 and my CM5.

Other information I have is US hybrid accord 0607 EPS parts would be able to installed on CM chassis. have you heard about it?

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    yes it's feasible, you'll probably need and ECU (for both EPS unit and the engine)

Some CL9's have Radar cruise control and lane keep assist out of Japan, I've no bloody clue which one has them and whether thats programmed in the ECU itself linked up with the EPS unit.
    Last edited by Fredoops; 24-11-2015 at 08:43 PM.

yes it's feasible, you'll probably need and ECU (for both EPS unit and the engine)

Some CL9's have Radar cruise control and lane keep assist out of Japan, I've no bloody clue which one has them and whether thats programmed in the ECU itself linked up with the EPS unit.
    Fred I do not need radar cruise control. do you know what is steering gear ratio of CL7? my CM5 steering wheels turns from most left. to right is 3 turns.
    the purpose is to gain 2 results, first I wonder quicker steering response, maybe turn to turn 2.5. second I d to get speed-sensitive assist torque.
    I heard somewhere CL7 sub frame is different with CM as different PS installation position and clearance, do youhave any detail information?

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by bian.yy View Post
    Fred I do not need radar cruise control. do you know what is steering gear ratio of CL7? my CM5 steering wheels turns from most left. to right is 3 turns.
    the purpose is to gain 2 results, first I wonder quicker steering response, maybe turn to turn 2.5. second I d to get speed-sensitive assist torque.
    I heard somewhere CL7 sub frame is different with CM as different PS installation position and clearance, do youhave any detail information?
    It matters not whether you need radar cruise control or not.

The issues is in the ecu programming. If the ecu is programmed for radar cruise control and eps integration it's not going to like the fact it's not there.

Furthermore more if you are talking about putting cl7 bits into cm accord they have completely different transmission programming so it won't work if the eps is in anyway linked to the engine ecu with also controls transmission.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    If you want power steering conversion on a CM accord I'd suggest you to look at the electric power steering off a Honda Inspire UC1, which is basically a wide body accord in japan.
    Last edited by Fredoops; 25-11-2015 at 10:48 AM.