Thread: OBX lsd's

OBX lsd's

hey,

I know there's a few people on here thinking/planning to install OBX lsd's.

Just got this from the horses mouth on d-series.org.

> Bone and I are no longer installing them due to out of round problems.

Buyer beware.

Nick.

Another piss in the wind -

Firstly Id like to state that "OBX lsd's" is a vague thread title that associates to a range of diff applications , and ofcourse versions too.
    Stating someone off Dseries.org wont install them due to "out of round problems" means little or nothing to everyone here......

What exact series do "they" refer to ? What exact transmission type?(f/b/h/d what?)
    Why are "they" forwarded as the "horses mouth" ?

You gotta add all this information before spreading even more biased info about any particular brand or item. I know a few actual "pro's" here use OBX and no issues yet.

Err, sorry.

> on d-series.org.

I thought that was a clue.

> Why are "they" forwarded as the "horses mouth"

Bone aka Transzex on d-series in known for d16 transmission knowledge.
    Call me a fan-boi.

> I know a few actual "pro's" here use OBX and no issues yet

Yep, elsewhere on this forum I've mentioned up to version 2.5 seem OK, but as to the latest...

I thought this forum was about passing around info???
    Especially on a product which had known issues in the first version (axles sticking v1.0).

Given Grumpy Rooster wanted to import them at one point and couldn't get anything out of the manufacturer I don't think they'll send the lawyers in any time soon.

Apologies if I over stepped the boundaries.

Nick.

PS. The author of that message might be associated with m-factory and be a competitor of the OBX lsd.

PPS. I don't have any experience with OBX lsd's.

PPPS. source http://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=89867
    Last edited by nd55; 22-12-2008 at 02:14 PM.

no worries there we just need more info. AFAIK mfactory does the same thing that OBX does , reverse engineer quaife units and similar.

We know of the issues of v.1.0 and what not , but what about current for all models ? (b/h/d etc)

> but what about current for all models ? (b/h/d etc)

I usually only track EK/d16 stuff, as there's only so many hours in the day.

If there's any recent OBX users on here, feel free to pipe in..

I know lots of people want to believe this is a good product.

Nick.

Member Array
    Car:
    XR6 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by nd55 View Post
    > but what about current for all models ? (b/h/d etc)

I usually only track EK/d16 stuff, as there's only so many hours in the day.

If there's any recent OBX users on here, feel free to pipe in..

I know lots of people want to believe this is a good product.

Nick.
    As I have said before, Im using a B series OBX LSD and so far had no issues..... money well spent as far as Im concerned

B20VTEC Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ZeForce View Post
    As I have said before, Im using a B series OBX LSD and so far had no issues..... money well spent as far as Im concerned
    this is what i refer to - there has been issues with ver. 1 of D and i believe B series too. But D series are quite old and only 1 type of what this company makes.

Small Clarification on the MFactory LSD

The MFactory unit is NOT a reverse engineer of Quaife or OBX, neither are these made by the same manufacturer.

We have our gears manufactured to our specifications and we apply our own high standards to its manufacture as a result, our finishing and tolerances are much better than OBX and competitors albeit still managing to offer at a competitive price.

MFactory LSD are fast gaining popularity in the US because of Competitive pricing and High Quality.

"Gain a prominent advantage over the competition with the MFactory Helical LSD.

Through the smooth and constant distribution of power to the wheels, the MFactory Helical LSD puts the power-to-the-ground and maximises your vehicle's traction. A must for any FWD race car, be it Street, Strip or Track!

- Made from 100% Pure Australian Steel, NOT cheap Chinese Steel
    - Precision-machined from High-Tensile Forged Chromoly Steel for increased strength and durability
    - Only the highest quality Brighton-Best Hardware is used
    - Maintenance-free Gears eliminates the need for special fluids & rebuilds associated with plate-type LSDs
    - Lock-free operation ensures no adverse affect to steering response"

Read the following threads
    http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2380842
    http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread...t=lsd+mfactory

My Personal experience with OBX (Something I never told anyone)
    1. Had to machine the LSD to fit properly (Both Inside and outside)
    2. Changed the Main bolts to proper high tensile ones cause the original ones were crap
    3. Drive shafts kept getting stuck to had to machine the inside splines on the LSD
    MFactory Competition Products

Array
    Car:
    08 Red CU2 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    You gotta add all this information before spreading even more biased info about any particular brand or item.

Cough… Bullshit Ben.
    There is no solid ground to defend a company who’s motto is “Shit is good.”

TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
    TODA Racing - FIGHTEX - MFactory - HALTECH - EXEDY
    Race engines, Dyno tuning, Licenced workshop, Parts.
    P:0401869524 email: toda@todaracing.com.au