Hybrid View

Member Array
    Car:
    AccordCB7 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by freewilly View Post
    2. outside the Aprilia RS125 and RS250 this is the quickest learner legal bike(rs250 not legal actually)
    3. Handling that inspires confidence - i have a CBR1000rr Repsol 09 and this bike won Bike of the Year 2 years running and i went straight from 250 to this and this handles like the cbr250rr but with larger kahunas
    4. Resell value - i bought mine for 4.4k thrashed it(but serviced it and looked after it + who buys a bike to NOT thrash it? stop riding if thats the case) and sold it after 1 year for 4.7k
    Honda's RVF400 is the quickest LAMS bike, and they're old too.. I think they stopped making them around 1997?
    I agree that honda Sportbikes definantly make you feel confident!.. I've rode the RVF400, VTR250(Kinda Sporty =P) and the CBR250RR.. They're all comfy bikes that make you feel at home.
    Resell on the RVF400's is between 5-7500.. And they've been at those prices for years now.. A bit pricey for an old bike, but awesome resale

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    eg
    Quote Originally Posted by Jccck View Post
    Honda's RVF400 is the quickest LAMS bike, and they're old too.. I think they stopped making them around 1997?
    I agree that honda Sportbikes definantly make you feel confident!.. I've rode the RVF400, VTR250(Kinda Sporty =P) and the CBR250RR.. They're all comfy bikes that make you feel at home.
    Resell on the RVF400's is between 5-7500.. And they've been at those prices for years now.. A bit pricey for an old bike, but awesome resale
    Define "quickest"...LOL
    The RVF from my experience didn't handle as smoothly as the CBR250rr and was not as well balanced...it could just be riding style but overall the times achieved wasn't that much different to justify the difference in price...
    Straight line i'd agree that it was quicker but for track and twisties i think the cbr is more suited...

Member Array
    Car:
    AccordCB7 Turbo
    Define "quickest"...LOL
    The RVF from my experience didn't handle as smoothly as the CBR250rr and was not as well balanced...it could just be riding style but overall the times achieved wasn't that much different to justify the difference in price...
    Straight line i'd agree that it was quicker but for track and twisties i think the cbr is more suited...
    I've rode both, the CBR is lighter and feels a little more smooth, yeah..
    RVF has twice the balls however, and is definantly planted.. It's glued to the ground, and is by no means a 'heavy' bike

Are we talking purely about track racing? Or a LAMS bike for road use.. Because i thought it was the latter.

...ZzzzZzzz Array
    Car:
    Pushbike...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jccck View Post
    RVF has twice the balls however, and is definantly planted.. It's glued to the ground, and is by no means a 'heavy' bike
    Afaik RVF is around 165kg dry... Similar in weight to most current 600cc bikes

Define "quickest"...LOL
    Sounds like you may have ridden one with shot carbs, they tend to go about the speed of a ride on lawnmower and lose a lot of the low down torque.

RVF has a wider track and adjustable USD forks also, easily out handle and faster than any CBR
    -------------------------------------------

FFFFffffuuuuuuux999