Page 5 of 109 FirstFirst ... 23456781555105 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EURO LUX
    Quote Originally Posted by GSi_PSi View Post
    i actually done it with less. Like 3 grand, i already had some parts like the gearbox,clutch,flywheel. etc
    My setup is the most basic with standard B16a intake manifold, B16a 60mm throttle body, i even had my stock airbox when they dynoed it and i made 121.5kw atw.
    I now have my RMF headers, Fujita CAI, im going to be adding ITR intake manifold, 68mm throttle body and ITR Camshafts. Im hoping for at least 10-15kw gain with all these mods on top of my 121.5kw atw..
    Zeforce Stock B20 with VTiR head only good bolt ons made 132kw.

Dreamshifter -
    Hell yeah go for it man, my mate put in a standard B20 no vtec in his gsi it has pretty good increase. Just remember gearbox (no you cant use CRV its 4wd), computer is going to the ones costing the most. The B20 engine itself is around like 300 from the wreckers. I know of people in the U.S getting low 14's with ITR gearbox in their EG with a B20 no vtec.

yeah still i asked for a complete basic b20 cost not a rough figure then say i already had these parts
    as a average person would not have these parts sitting around like you did
    just clarifying what it would cost for a avg person to do and getting someone to do the labour and fitting the parts
    to make it more fair so the price will be a average cost to build
    not i can get this cheap or had these parts already etc

any 1/4 mile times and mph so will can get a indication of what a average b20 does ?
    dyno no's are so so anyway as all read different

but torque curve will be nice to see between a b20 and a b18c making similiar no's

Quote Originally Posted by 90LAN View Post
    any 1/4 mile times and mph so will can get a indication of what a average b20 does ?
    i ran 14.3 @ 96mph with a 'standard' B20VTEC + VAFC and tuned cam gears (it read 101kW on a dyno)

then 13.7 @ 101mph with above B20VTEC + ITR cams, ITR IM, ITR TB and ITR 4-1 header (it read 109kW on a dyno)
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    Quote Originally Posted by VTec1987 View Post
    man for sure b20vtec will have more pull, B18CR is quick motor with basic IHE, im our certain you cant get the b18cr motor with ur current setup.

H22a motor pulls lyk i mother f****, does that mean its faster?

You would need to change the gearbox if u wana beat the b18cR, thats another 1.5-2k
    I dont want to boast but B18CR's ITR's arent that quick , neither are S2000's, stock turbo 180sx,200sxs . H22A doesnt feel responisve at all. Ive got a prelude and it feels like a complete boat compared to my integra and its still got 200cc more. No matter even if you get a B18CR to 120kw it still wont be faster than the B20 at the same kw, because of the torque, BYP have a graph comparing this

I dont want to boast but
    what MPH have you run at WSID?
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    Heres the BYP dyno comparing a worked B18CR with cams vs stock B20VTEC

I dont want to boast but B18CR's ITR's arent that quick , neither are S2000's, stock turbo 180sx,200sxs . H22A doesnt feel responisve at all. Ive got a prelude and it feels like a complete boat compared to my integra and its still got 200cc more. No matter even if you get a B18CR to 120kw it still wont be faster than the B20 at the same kw, because of the torque, BYP have a graph comparing this
    Don't get to excited mate, i was talking about h22a motor in general. Mate they are strong motors, what pulls them down cos of the shitty gearbox.

I was using a h22a motor as a example of a strong motor with a shitty box similiar to your powerfull b20vtec you speak about with you GSI gearbox.

You wont beat a JDM b18cr with IHE with ur CURRENT setup

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    Quote Originally Posted by VTec1987 View Post
    Don't get to excited mate, i was talking about h22a motor in general. Mate they are strong motors, what pulls them down cos of the shitty gearbox.

I was using a h22a motor as a example of a strong motor with a shitty box similiar to your powerfull b20vtec you speak about with you GSI gearbox.

You wont beat a JDM b18cr with IHE with ur CURRENT setup
    Ive got a VTiR box actually. I have a mate with a Integra with JDM B18CR with I/H/E . You act as though youve driven my car, been in it or something. Have you ever been in a B20 before?
    Im not saying my B20 is powerfull, im just saying for stock its pretty decent, when you start adding cams, better comp pistons then it becomes a powerfull b20vtec

OK great, now can we get back to some useful discussion?
    B20VTEC - since 2002

b20vtec is a cheap setup if u wanna upgrade your b16a....it is a fun setup to drive on the street...
    JDMYard Eg civic lsvtec 1.04:1 WAKEFIELD PARK
    Bel Garage Dc2r/Neptune ecu
    SUPERLAP 2010 clubsprint FF na winner
    1.54.81 street tyre

Banned Array
    Car:
    EKB20 > EGB18C
    Quote Originally Posted by 90LAN View Post
    yeah still i asked for a complete basic b20 cost not a rough figure then say i already had these parts
    as a average person would not have these parts sitting around like you did
    just clarifying what it would cost for a avg person to do and getting someone to do the labour and fitting the parts
    to make it more fair so the price will be a average cost to build
    not i can get this cheap or had these parts already etc

but torque curve will be nice to see between a b20 and a b18c making similiar no's
    ok well lan lets say a person who wants a b20vtec with nothing..now when i add figures im not 100% on what they cost so i will round it to the next hundred.

b20 - 200-300
    b20vtec kit - 150-300
    b16a/b18c/b18c7 head WITH box - 1.5k - 3k
    big tube headers - 500 - 1k
    catback to exhaust - 500 - 1k
    ecu (crome, hondata) 300 - 1k
    labour + fitting parts ( now this depends on what shops you go to BUT if your in sydney then ben can do it for a price just pm ) 1k - 3k
    tune ( also where you go depends ) 500 - 1k
    breather kit - 150 - 300

now this is what i can think of.. some one will add more IF its needed for a BASIC setup. this should give you an idea

now the prices i will say again i dont know 100% of them so i rounded them off to the next hundred..

also times depends.. some are low 13s some are high 13s just depends on driver

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO LUX

so you actually have any real times or just street racing examples ?

you cant compare byp b20 to yours they are in another league to you

where talking about your 3k b20 set up compare to a slow jdm b18cr motor

just wanted to see what you basic b20 did ?

thats all simple q's not how slow one car with a certain engine is to yours on the street

all different types of tuning so you just cant compare it to the slow b18cr motor you have been it

any way still waiting for real times on your set up which you claim to be decent and dont want to boast about ....

thanks tinkerbell for the comparision times

my slow 96 spec b18cr with i/h/e did 14.1 at 98 mph also have hit 99mph
    full street trim ac/ps interior etc
    with 2.4 60 footers

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 Accord
    Where is Fatboyz and Benson they ran some good times a few years ago with basic B20 builds.