Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    Dont worry Benson between you and Flick I've got all the inspiration i ever wanted! You're another reason why i want a track eg/car haha, as far as im concerned your EG has the toughest looking shell on ozhonda!
    SunCoast Hondas

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    I would choose an EK because it is newer and less things will break, I prefer to drive my car rather than fix it. Get the car in the best mechanical condition possible, don't fall into the trap of thinking "I am going to mod it anyway" because replacing stuff costs time and money.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK9
    Choose the shape you like best.
    EK is 20kg's heavier but has a bit more rear weight bias so in my opinion is a slightly better platform.
    Remember this though.....
    Streetcars make crap racecars................. and racecars make crap streetcars.
    "Understeer you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda EGK25A
    ^^agreed!!!!
    - MTA APPRENTICESHIP PLUS - SHIFT PERFORMANCE - +++++++

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    I do agree with that however im sure there could be a medium somewhere along the lines, as I live 4 hours away from the nearest track i wont be there every weekend. My next question would be motor options. K20 would be out of the question for me as i dont have 10grand MINIMUM for a k swap, i can pick up an H22 Eg where i live for 5 grand however i've been told H22egs dont make good track cars because of the different weight distribution? Mind you thats just people talking, alot of them have never been on a track before so i figured I'd ask the pros :P
    SunCoast Hondas

Stock engine until you can carry momentum properly. You could easily spend 5 grand on the chassis (brakes, tyres, bushings, shocks, etc...). If you genuinely want to go fast, you'll probably want to spend the minimum you can getting the car prepped, then as much as you can on driving the damn thing. How many track days could you attend if you sacrificed a $5000 engine swap? You need a good chassis but only a reliable engine.
    I have signatures turned off

Member Array
    Car:
    EG civic
    EG for sure (in my opinion being biased!).

Look at Yonas, Benson, Flick, DRHONDA. All EG's, and I'm sure there's a reason?!..lightness?..ease of sourcing parts?..interchangeable parts?..cheap to acquire a decent chassis?..

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    Thanks String thats what i was thinking about doing actually cause my mate has a d16 vtec motor lying around i was thinking about just doing the cheap swap for the time being and focusing on suspension and all that jazz first and worrying about the motor swap later however i can get an h22 eg here where i live for 5 grand
    SunCoast Hondas

So you're after a daily that you can blast around tracks on weekends?

Get what appeals to you most from a daily perspective is my advice, drive the car as it is and mod according to what deficiencies you are experiencing when kicking it in the guts around the circuit.

Forget about power for the time being.
    DLUG Racing

Member Array
    Car:
    EG civic
    Definitely suspension mods, swaybar, quality brake pads, quality brake fluids and quality tires.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    Geez i never thought i'd get so much constructive feedback! Thanks to everyone here for giving me such good feedback i really really appreciate it! And yeah suspension will definitely be the first thing i do because i'd rather have a d series daily that handles very well compared to a stock Ek with a b18 or something in it.
    SunCoast Hondas

Sound like you should just save up your money and buy a type r..

unless u are going all out... i reckon u would have to spent more money than just the difference to be simply on par with an R.. just my opinion