Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic 08 Vti-L

Question 15k - for an Euro?

Hi All,

I was considering a prelude prior to this with a budget of 15k. I then thought about an SP23 or Mitsu 380...

Finally came to a decision of Accord Euro vs Mitsu 380. I am in NSW, Green P.

Since im in a Honda Forum I wanted to ask your opinion on the car I have here:

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/...eot=1&__N=1216 1247 1282 1252 1246 4294965322 4294965100 898 1621 410&silo=1011&keywords=

General Q's on the Euro:

1. What should I look out for in these cars/this specific euro above?
    2. Is manual more fun to drive in the Euro than auto?
    3. What is the sound system like (is it better than the Civic Vti-L)? Can I upgrade the speakers cheaply?
    4. How many k's do these cars usually last? Or should i only buy one under 100,000km's?
    5. Should I sacrifice km's driven and get a luxury version with more k's clocked on it?
    6. Would an Accord Euro be more fun/comfortable to drive than a Mitsubish 380GT which is the same price but 96000k's compared to the euro 68000k's?
    7. Does the euro come with HID lights standard or is this just in the luxury version?
    8. the 17" wheels are really nice on the luxury or SPORTS version of the euro, can I get them for a standard euro, if so how much? Also will the ride quality be worse?
    9. What are the major service/problems ill face with the above car?
    10. Lastly, I can get the V6 Accord which has the same interior and same km's but looks not so...you know...as good as the euro but is the experience driving it overall better in the V6 version?
    Last edited by schonda; 22-07-2010 at 11:56 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9 & EK4
    there was one in qld 06 sport only asking $16000, done 99000km, i would get that one for the same money... (sport bodykit, grille...)

1. What should I look out for in these cars/this specific euro above?
    Get the facelift models if possible, 06 onwards as they comes with trip computer and fix the problems some earlier models have.

2. Is manual more fun to drive in the Euro than auto?
    Of course

3. What is the sound system like (is it better than the Civic Vti-L)? Can I upgrade the speakers cheaply?
    no idea how the civic system sounds, but the euro system sounds okay for stockie. Supprisingly the std euro sounds better then the lux.

4. How many k's do these cars usually last? Or should i only buy one under 100,000km's?
    Pretty reliable cars, check the service history, dont discount those over 100k km but well taken care off. Crusing on the highway cars have lower wear and tear compare to those who only drive 5km every time the car hits the road, as the engine doesnt get warm up properly.

5. Should I sacrifice km's driven and get a luxury version with more k's clocked on it?
    IMHO, no.... but its up to you as you might want this and that on the lux.

6. Would an Accord Euro be more fun/comfortable to drive than a Mitsubish 380GT which is the same price but 96000k's compared to the euro 68000k's?
    lighter car = more fun

7. Does the euro come with HID lights standard or is this just in the luxury version?
    HID, lux only but some mod it or add it as optional as well

8. the 17" wheels are really nice on the luxury or SPORTS version of the euro, can I get them for a standard euro, if so how much? Also will the ride quality be worse?
    lower profile rubber will be more bumpy

9. What are the major service/problems ill face with the above car?

10. Lastly, I can get the V6 Accord which has the same interior and same km's but looks not so...you know...as good as the euro but is the experience driving it overall better in the V6 version?
    If you are towing, then V6 is better and Accord is more spacious as well... handling of euro is heaps better then the v6

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03'
    mate if your not too fussy about haveing a sunroof and heated seats (im located in qld so heated seats dw me) but you can pretty much make a std euro a lux to some extent! and yes nyou can fit the 17 inch sports rims on the std pick them up off ebay or keep your eyes peeled in the for sale section

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    Luxury Euro for sure...

Reasons to get lux over standard:
    HID healights standard = Excellent night driving + stylish/modern look
    Sunroof = Chics love that shit!
    Leather interior = Awesomeness
    Rain sensing wipers = You never have to worry about windscreen wipers or rain ever again
    8 Airbags = Safety Safety Safety
    Heated seats = If its slightly chilly you can stay warm without having a stuffy heater on

As for km's mine has done nearly 120,000kms... not a single problem!

A well looked after car with 100,000kms will last alot longer than a poorly looked after car with 50,000kms on it...

And yes euro will be more fun to drive than 380...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic 08 Vti-L
    Thanks All for your comprehensive advice and all..

I put down an application for this car: http://mobile.tradingpost.com.au/ite...mespace=search

I am awaiting approval for finance, I checked the log book was serviced up to 95000km's but Honda ONE or something genuine dealer plus the one year waranty gives me peace of mind.

Any last thoughts before I accept the car in 2-3 days? $14990 Drive away you guys reckon i got a good deal?

Also does anyone know around about the average for comprehensive insurance for this car? I know it differs but yeah just an estimate figure?

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    Looks like an awesome car...so should be a brilliant buy.

GOOD LUCK,and let us know what happens...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic 08 Vti-L
    I hope to hell its not a lemon.

Yeah if i get it ill go one one the forums euro trips.

Does everyone here use genuine honda oils?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9 & EK4
    looks clean, should hv nego the price~

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic 08 Vti-L
    he told me the price was already reduced. That was his first sentence. So i dont know didnt feel like arguiing, I rather pay and the dealer not talk to me at all...hate sales people.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2010 model
    Quote Originally Posted by schonda View Post
    he told me the price was already reduced. That was his first sentence. So i dont know didnt feel like arguiing, I rather pay and the dealer not talk to me at all...hate sales people.
    Hi mate, the price seems very good, Did you check the car in REVS check whether this car was in any accident or any money owe to it. Please do it as for peace of mind. The car looks very good deal.

GOod luck and let us know how you go.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic 08 Vti-L
    Quote Originally Posted by praja6 View Post
    Hi mate, the price seems very good, Did you check the car in REVS check whether this car was in any accident or any money owe to it. Please do it as for peace of mind. The car looks very good deal.

GOod luck and let us know how you go.
    I thought if its from a dealer they have an legal responsibility to tell me if its been in an accident or had any finance oweing on it right?? I mean why offer warranty on a car thaats been in an accident, at least a major one right?

Yeah ill check anyway...