Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    RA109 / BGP001
    A friend of mine also had a problem with his, it would play for 2 seconds and just die.

With my one, there is no music coming from the front left passenger door speaker but there is sound coming from the little speaker on the left bottom of the windscreen.
    Does anybody have a similar problem or know a solution to this?
    I guess tomorrow I'll open it up and see if it's connected properly.

OH! And another thing i noticed, the speakers on the rear passenger doors dont have any sound coming from them. I've checked in a friend Euro and also mine.

Are these speakers there just for looks or.. ?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by hooyn View Post
    A friend of mine also had a problem with his, it would play for 2 seconds and just die.

With my one, there is no music coming from the front left passenger door speaker but there is sound coming from the little speaker on the left bottom of the windscreen.
    Does anybody have a similar problem or know a solution to this?
    I guess tomorrow I'll open it up and see if it's connected properly.

OH! And another thing i noticed, the speakers on the rear passenger doors dont have any sound coming from them. I've checked in a friend Euro and also mine.

Are these speakers there just for looks or.. ?
    rear passenger doors do not have speakers in them... you only got the speakers in the JDM euro's with the BOSE premium sound system...

as for the left speaker not working... if the tweeter (the one on the dash under the windscreen) is working, but the one in the door isnt, that wouldnt be a xcarlink problem (theyre both on the same channel output). you more than likely knocked a connection when connecting the module... check to make sure theyre all attached properly...

when it plays for 2secs and stops, does it display disc8 track89 ? mine sometimes does that when i receive a phone call or a msg and my phone is near the xcarlink module... if its doing it for every song, contact the seller

Member Array
    Car:
    RA109 / BGP001
    Quote Originally Posted by EUR003act View Post
    rear passenger doors do not have speakers in them... you only got the speakers in the JDM euro's with the BOSE premium sound system...

as for the left speaker not working... if the tweeter (the one on the dash under the windscreen) is working, but the one in the door isnt, that wouldnt be a xcarlink problem (theyre both on the same channel output). you more than likely knocked a connection when connecting the module... check to make sure theyre all attached properly...

when it plays for 2secs and stops, does it display disc8 track89 ? mine sometimes does that when i receive a phone call or a msg and my phone is near the xcarlink module... if its doing it for every song, contact the seller
    thanks for that man. ill open it up and take a look when i can be bothered. however there is one thing, when i put on the radio or use cd's, that speaker works fine.

yeah my friend carlink just played for 2 secs then showed up with that. tried it in my car aswell and same thing happened. its been sent away and awaiting for a new console to arrive now

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    thanks for that man. ill open it up and take a look when i can be bothered. however there is one thing, when i put on the radio or use cd's, that speaker works fine.

yeah my friend carlink just played for 2 secs then showed up with that. tried it in my car aswell and same thing happened. its been sent away and awaiting for a new console to arrive now
    Get him to reformat the thumbdrive and reload the songs on. Also, try a different thumbdrive.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    RA109 / BGP001
    Quote Originally Posted by EUR003act View Post

well i was going to check it up on saturday, i went down turn on the system and both sides were working, and it has been working until today, problem free.

about the rear speakers, how can i get them to work? i am a noob when it comes to sound systems.
    would i be able to just stick speakers in there and connect the wires etc. ?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 Euro Lux
    my unit sometimes cuts out and stops playing, turn it off n back on again it works fine... and sometimes the volume cuts down really faint. turn off and on again and its fixed.. is it a major issue?? does this happen to anyone??

Hooyn - im pretty sure you can conect the rear door speakers and tap the line into the rear 6x9s, you may have to check the clearence when the window is down.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by Dru42 View Post
    my unit sometimes cuts out and stops playing, turn it off n back on again it works fine... and sometimes the volume cuts down really faint. turn off and on again and its fixed.. is it a major issue?? does this happen to anyone??

Hooyn - im pretty sure you can conect the rear door speakers and tap the line into the rear 6x9s, you may have to check the clearence when the window is down.
    mine only seems to only do it when i get a mobile phone call.... has done it once on twice randomly, usually it displays DISC8 TRACK89 for awhile, then flashes DISC8 TRACK99 and then contiues playing... i guess the unit just sometimes loses its spot?

Hooyn u got two options, put spreakers in the rear door and run them off an amp (may aswell run the fronts off it aswell)... or link them up with the 6x9s... doing that u would have to wire them in series (so as not to drop impedence below 4ohm) however, this will mean that the 6x9s wont play as loud because theyll be sharing the power with the rear door speakers...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '04 Euro Lux 6MT
    Hi all

I've been a long time reader of this forum, and although this is my first post I just wanted to say that the xcarlink (iPod version) works well with the euro, and if anyone has any problems installing it pls do not hesitate to pm me.

Cheers

is anyone using the 3.5mm headphone adapter with their non-ipod mp3 player??

i have a Creative Zen mp3 player and just wondering how this works with the Xcarlink?? does it still use the files system or just play the song i have chosen through my mp3 player?

Member Array
    Car:
    RA109 / BGP001
    my xcarlink is sh!tting me. sometimes it will just stop playing. other times it will only play sounds from one side of the car. which is really freeeeeeking annoying.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by nEUROleptic View Post
    is anyone using the 3.5mm headphone adapter with their non-ipod mp3 player??

i have a Creative Zen mp3 player and just wondering how this works with the Xcarlink?? does it still use the files system or just play the song i have chosen through my mp3 player?
    It plays whatever you choose through the Zen. It doesn't use the file system.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    my xcarlink is sh!tting me. sometimes it will just stop playing. other times it will only play sounds from one side of the car. which is really freeeeeeking annoying.
    Have you checked that the connector is plugged in properly to the headunit?