Hybrid View

Yep. 2003 1.5l vti with cvt

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTi-S 07 Manual
    Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk jazz View Post
    Yep. 2003 1.5l vti with cvt
    Just wondering if your problem could be related to a CVT issue rather than coil pack? As ouch asks, what are the misfire symptoms and how did you do the diagnosis?

My initial diagnosis is based on feel. Have ordered an obd2 reader to confirm, and check fault codes. It feels as though one cylinder is intermittently not firing. The miss seems only to occur when gently accelerating @ around 2000rpm, and also when stopped at the lights with the A/C on. I have had trans shudder in the past and this feels completely different. Trans has been flushed and refilled with genuine Honda cvt fluid and has been perfect since this was done, around 25000 km ago.

Car has a distinct feeling of plug(s) sparking weakly. Fuel filter was done same time as Cvt fluid, and whilst I concede bad fuel may cause similar symptoms, I read that coil packs may be problematic on some jazz's at around 130,000kms and again from what I read coil pack failure displays almost exactly the symptoms that I have experienced.

I understand sticking egr valves may exhibit similar symptoms so I went ahead and disconnected the egr and went for a test drive....still missing! so I kinda ruled that out.

Furthermore, I removed the coil pack electrical connectors and sprayed them with contact cleaner. This seemed to reduce the misfiring for a couple of days but now it has come back.

Any ideas?

Whilst I continue to try and nail down the source of the problem I thought I should find out if the Coil packs that are available online will be suitable for my car. That way if all else fails I will know what I'm up for. Trying to avoid going to the dealer for this one as I understand their coil packs are around $200 a pop, and there are 4 of them!

Any help appreciated.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTi-S 07 Manual
    No worries Nighthawk. I just thought I'd pose the CVT possibility but it seems you've covered that base already. Checking the fault codes should be the right way to go from here. Hopefully someone else can come in and help some more.