Hybrid View

That's not strictly true...

An experience tuner with your car and engine will have the necessary know how to bring out the best and in the least amount of time. Yes any tuner can tune whatever engine be it piston, rotary, V12, W16, etc. However how well they can do it and how efficiency they can get that result is a different matter.

If that tuner is inexperience with your car, engine or ECU, you'll be the guinea pig.

You can hardly call a C30A 3L V6 DOHC Quad Cam VTEC conventional... Add to that it's been supercharged... I do fear however unlike in JP or US, AUS doesn't have many experience C30/32 tuners?

Just like my old car, 4A-GE 20V, its just a 1.6L that's been modified in every angle internally and externally. Sure I could just take it to anyone and hope they're good enough to get my car working on pump fuel running dizzy heights of compression, ITBs, etc... But I took it to my personal tuner who knows 4AG 20V inside out. He did a fanatistic job, nothing got damaged, none of my datalogs showed extremities being reached and didn't have to charge me for many pointless hours groping around.

All engines have their own special characteristics too.

Btw this is not to discredit Paul, I'm sure he's a great tuner...
    Last edited by DreadAngel; 27-03-2013 at 03:57 PM.
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Thats the issue.
    There are not many tuners who have experience with my engine.
    I never called my engine conventional. in its day it was quite advanced but these days every car company is making engines with variable valve timing and multiple cams.
    Regarding the AEM EMS, it is a very simple windows based ECU that is alot simpler to tune vs motech or haltech so i wouldnt think it would be an issue for a good tuner to get his head around.
    In a perfect world i would love to have an expert in nsx's tuning my car but that probably is'nt going to happen so my next best option is to find the best tuner i can.
    Stage 1 FI engine,SOS supercharged,Laminova intercooler,Liquid to air intercooler,ARC titanium exhaust,DC headers,High flow cats,AEM EMS,Short ratio gearbox,KW V3 coilover suspension