Hi all,

I was concerned with the noise that I heard....I have today taken the starter out, have tested started ignition lead with having someone to start it and ignition lead that was coming to the the starter was giving me 12V which was a clear indicator that starter is not engaging..

I can hear fuel pump doing its bit..when I tested started when taken and tested it, it was clear starter has died..when engaged it was hardly giving any life, it was just, but just spinning with 0.0003% power,
it looks like that noise i was hearing were magnets inside of the starter grinding...no excluding that something else has gone wrong but starter is dead full stop. I am picking a new one Monday morning and will be putting it in to see the result...

I am not sure what is the brand to be honest..it is a business locally and on eBay as well, happened to be 2 minutes from my work, he sells heaps of them, he sells them to O'brien mobile car servicing as well as all other auto electrician in the area and he was soooo honest...he said that he hardly ever gets any returned and gave me 2 yr warranty as well..

Honda wanted $1500 or $1600 if not more just for the part....I paid $199 for it....it is like anything else, if it ig going to die it will be withing first few months, otherwise would gone the distance...will see...hoping it is only that...it is not easy to change it due to having to remove the manifold...

Will keep you updated...