Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    B16A is a fun engine. The torque difference between B16 and B18 is noticeable but don't go thinking the B16 isn't enjoyable.

The first thing you need to do is determine your budget. What are you going to spend? And remember that your car is running sh!t already so if you don't want to fix it for $1800 you surely aren't in a position to spend like $6000 on a B18C swap...?

Member Array
    Car:
    Corolla Spec S
    would insurance be void if u go ahead with swap??
    considering ur on ur p plates?

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    No insurance company will cover you if you don't inform them of an engine swap.

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    B18 is legal in NSW with p plates since it falls under the up to 15% engine capacity increase rules.

All you need to do after the conversion is get a blue slip (adjustment of records) and also you need a receipt for the engine.
    OEM parts whore

Quote Originally Posted by grifty View Post
    B18 is legal in NSW with p plates since it falls under the up to 15% engine capacity increase rules.

All you need to do after the conversion is get a blue slip (adjustment of records) and also you need a receipt for the engine.
    Spot on.....

Member Array
    Car:
    b18 ek
    oh wowww grifty thanks for the info. i found a b18c2 half cut for 2800 soo thats great to know will go ahead with that asap. will i need anything other than what the integra half cut already has or will it all bolt up using the dc2 parts? also do i still need to have it engineered and what is the cost of engineering it?
    Last edited by unl3a5h; 05-07-2011 at 04:03 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    No need for an engineering certificate in NSW, other states may differ.
    Last edited by grifty; 05-07-2011 at 05:46 PM.
    OEM parts whore

Member Array
    Car:
    Understand
    Go b18c2 if your budget can't go for c7. Later you can change cams and the gearbox or whatnot.

B18c to ek you need vtir loom and wire the vtec solenoid and knock sensor. You gotta change headers and cat to fit.

Legally you need eng cert to rego b18 to ek but sometimes depending on vicroads you can get away with it. Good luck. Ive asked before and the guy said as long it's a 4 cyl to 4cyl it should be ok. Shows how much they know

~King Of Spam~

Member Array
    Car:
    b18 ek
    okay awesome putting a deposit on the engine tomorrow can anyone give confirmation to nsw law on not needing engineering certificate on b18 in civic? i dont want to get dicked cause i didnt know. thanks for all your help guys.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by unl3a5h View Post
    okay awesome putting a deposit on the engine tomorrow can anyone give confirmation to nsw law on not needing engineering certificate on b18 in civic? i dont want to get dicked cause i didnt know. thanks for all your help guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by grifty View Post

Thats all you need to know, its legal.

If your not 110% sure, go check it yourself on the website or call/interview them personally, to be satisfied.
    無限 The Form is in the Function 無限
    teamGROUNDzero

Quote Originally Posted by unl3a5h View Post
    It has been done many time, you will just need a blueslip and your fine

To get it fitted in your EK
    You need the following parts:
    Ek4 rear bracket
    Ek4 Wiring Loom
    Mayb Ek4 power steering pump
    Passenger side Engine mount ( 2 hole not 3)

Everything else will be plug and play

Member Array
    Car:
    b18 ek
    so can i not use the wiring loom from the half cut i am buying? integra vtir?