Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9

[CL9] Oil catch can

Hi there,

Would anyone be able to tell me if it is alright to mount a catch can using power steering bolt near the PCV?
    I'm hoping to mount the unit as close to the PCV and oil line as possible.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Catch can.JPG 
Views:	207 
Size:	91.3 KB 
ID:	29943

Thanks.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Avoid the ps pump area completely if you can.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Thanks for this Fred.
    An alternative could be mounting it on the bolt attached to the alternator body (under the PS pump). Maybe a 2mm thick flat steel bar that goes straight up from the bolt (approx 100 mm).
    Where did you mount your catch can Fred?

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    hmm... general rule...

dont mount it on anything that has a spinning part inside it cause it's only gonna end in tears

try that
    http://acurazine.com/forums/1g-tsx-p...anyone-650649/
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Thanks so much Fred.
    I had a look at the link some months ago and I could not source the air/water separator they used with a proper valve at the bottom of the glass/plastic container (ie its normally open). The oil catch can I bought might be able to be mounted in the same location (using ac line and water bottle bolt) but will be a great trouble emptying the oil from the canister.
    I was hoping it would be ok to mount it on the alternator mounting/securing bolt as shown below. I will not use any alternator bolt that is holding the alternator together.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Alternator bolt.JPG 
Views:	208 
Size:	67.3 KB 
ID:	29952
    Another alternative would be to put it beside the radiator but that is also troublesome when it is time to remove the oil from the canister.