Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EK1
    Quote Originally Posted by TbM View Post
    Naice one bau

Red cellophane, thin transparent red acrylic or transparent red paint are things you could use to change the clock to red, ive got mine green at the moment as it fits in with my old eclipse headunit.
    @.@
    Any pic?
    wanna see what the finish look like!

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Tonne Ek Tank
    @ TranceZiggy

yeh i used 360 degree leds but i also blocked off the top led with aluminium foil so it refects the light from the top led back down which elimnated the hot spots in mine, its dependant on the type of leds and the colour used as to weather you need to modify the leds which is why i didnt go over it too much in the diy.
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...=1#post3023986

that link has the led's i used and the way i modified them, you can ignore that bit of paper on the right hand side of the cluster, i had to do that cause mines an auto and i was getting light leakage on the P R N D4 ect sections.

The basic idea is to stop the leds from directly lighting the back of the gauges but instead you want them to shine into the cluster housing and light up the gauges with reflected light rather that direct light if that makes sense.

it also looks as tho you missed the one between the speedo and the fuel.

@ wtfalfred

Pics of?
    the cluster and dash pics are at the end of the first post, ive uploaded a quick one of the clock if thats what you wanted, excuse the dodgy photo.
    "I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." - Ayrton Senna

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1
    @ TranceZiggy

yeh i used 360 degree leds but i also blocked off the top led with aluminium foil so it refects the light from the top led back down which elimnated the hot spots in mine, its dependant on the type of leds and the colour used as to weather you need to modify the leds which is why i didnt go over it too much in the diy.
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...=1#post3023986

that link has the led's i used and the way i modified them, you can ignore that bit of paper on the right hand side of the cluster, i had to do that cause mines an auto and i was getting light leakage on the P R N D4 ect sections.

The basic idea is to stop the leds from directly lighting the back of the gauges but instead you want them to shine into the cluster housing and light up the gauges with reflected light rather that direct light if that makes sense.

it also looks as tho you missed the one between the speedo and the fuel.

@ wtfalfred

Pics of?
    the cluster and dash pics are at the end of the first post, ive uploaded a quick one of the clock if thats what you wanted, excuse the dodgy photo.
    looks very nice
    How do you make the clock looks like that? you painted it?
    paint it from inside or out side? i pretty sure the plastic cover of the clock is Orange color. how do you paint it to blue or green ?
    Last edited by wtfalfred; 09-06-2012 at 02:57 PM.

Account Disabled Array
    Quote Originally Posted by wtfalfred View Post
    looks very nice
    paint it from inside or out side? i pretty sure the plastic cover of the clock is Orange color. how do you paint it to blue or green ?
    did you read this DIY Bludger posted earlier?

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ht=clock+amber

Account Disabled Array
    Disclaimer: The following is provided as a GUIDE ONLY, and neither myself nor Ozhonda take any responsibility for the outcomes of someone else doing the following. You follow these steps at your own risk!

Aim: To get rid of the dated amber dash lights and replace with leds

Required:
    Screwdrivers
    Soldering iron
    Acetone
    Rags
    Cotton tips
    Resistors 1/2 watt usually 470R-680R (depending on your led choice, Google Led resistor calculator if you dont know how to work it out)
    T10, T5 and 3mm Leds
    I lol'ed

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Tonne Ek Tank
    looks very nice
    I just removed the front cover as the clock itself is green, you could use blue/green cellophane, thin transparent blue/green acrylic or transparent blue/green paint to try and get green as iirc yellow and blue = green, to get the clock blue would be a bit harder, You would have to run the clock without the cover or cut a new one fron blue or clear acrylic as the yellow cover prevents you from having blue, reds the easiest to do as yellow to red isnt much of a change.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericl33 View Post
    I lol'ed
    Lol reminds me of oxer stories.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1
    I just removed the front cover as the clock itself is green, you could use blue/green cellophane, thin transparent blue/green acrylic or transparent blue/green paint to try and get green as iirc yellow and blue = green, to get the clock blue would be a bit harder, You would have to run the clock without the cover or cut a new one fron blue or clear acrylic as the yellow cover prevents you from having blue, reds the easiest to do as yellow to red isnt much of a change.
    Oh, i tho the clock itself is orange. Now I know what to do.
    It kinda hard to change green to red. Green+Red = Orange !? lol
    Green+? = Red ?

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    red, green and blue are primary colours so you won't be able to make them
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Tonne Ek Tank
    Oh, i tho the clock itself is orange. Now I know what to do.
    It kinda hard to change green to red. Green+Red = Orange !? lol
    Green+? = Red ?
    the clock lens/cover is yellow or orange what ever colour you call it, but the actual display is green, when it goes through the lens it changes the colour to the yellow/amber which is stock, if you add a red tint inbetween then cover and the display it should make the numbers red.

Ive been looking into retrofitting something like this when i put in a new headunit to allow me to have a white clock as the rest of the dash is white and the new hu im looking at has a white display too.

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Tonne Ek Tank
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    red, green and blue are primary colours so you won't be able to make them
    yellow and blue make green

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    yellow and blue make green

IMG]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-fyndtVLVxVU/T4JOcmqNzHI/AAAAAAAAAAY/yMaWd8yXsH0/s1600/misc-true-story-realistic-l.png[/IMG]
    that's true with paints, but with lights, pure red and pure green make yellow

so blue and yellow makes white or grey

depending on the quantities of each

i don't even know anymore
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    that's true with paints, but with lights, pure red and pure green make yellow

so blue and yellow makes white or grey

depending on the quantities of each

i don't even know anymore
    Im going to paint it with this: Attachment 22172