Threaded View

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    therefore an illegal/non-conforming test.
    I will bring it up with the DECC... it was quite difficult to pass.

only mod on the car when it did 90dB/92dB was 4-1 extractors and a 2.5in mandrel catback going into a standard muffler.

though i'm sure they should be aware of it as they even take pics of the testing location.... might drive-by one day and take pics myself.... what's your say on this matter tinkerbell? worth the effort taking it further?

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin086 View Post
    Wasn't using a apexi ecv was it?

Anyone else used one?
    Supposed to reduce db my about 10 in the closed position.
    Best not to draw attention in the first place where excessive noise is not acceptable......ie...around police cars....lol

Should have mine in about a week so I'll let u know.........
    nope. turns out it ain't road legal... the only variant of it thats legal is the Remus Powersound muffler which is manually adjustable with varying butterfly sizes as well... only one of the three in the range is EPA approved (the one with the biggest butterfly)... but thats when the EPA was around... the DECC are stingy.
    Last edited by dsp26; 26-12-2007 at 12:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow96GSR
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.