Threaded View

Member Array
    Car:
    06 TC'd RB1
    Quote Originally Posted by fandibong View Post
    Hi all,

The DVD unit that comes with Odyssey MY11 Luxury can only be played when the car is parked. I know it is for safety reason, but I really want it for my kid.

Has anyone had success in hacking their unit to play dvd while driving? Or do you know anyone/shop/garage who can hack the unit? I heard about "do not connect the wires between the unit and parking brake" - but not really clear step by step instructions on how to do it. Suggestions?

Btw, do you know if we'll get fine by cops if caught playing dvd by driving? How much?

Thanks
    I'm not familiar with the unit that comes with the RB3, but it seems a bit wierd that once the foot brake is off that the unit can't play a DVD? I thought its just that the HU switches to a blank screen, but you would be still able to control and play the DVD. That's how my Clarion unit works anyway.

From a personal point I wouldn't have the HU showing the DVD, I had a few near misses because I was distracted even though I know not to take my eyes off the road, hence even though I have a bypass switch, I very rarely use it.

Is the HU hooked up to another screen at the rear?
    Last edited by evolution; 06-11-2011 at 12:16 PM.
    Old man that drives slow cars