Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    2000 DC2R
    Done this and it still revs and de-revs from 1800-1200 and the fan came on 5 times... I'm thinking since i haven't driven the car in two weeks it may have lost pressure in the coolant hoses? I'll take it for a spin tonight and see how it goes. However i did it on a flat surface. If after the drive it continues, ill try again tomorrow on and inclined surface aka my driveway xD Trying to upload a video but i cant find the cable for my fkn fone

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Sounds the throttle plate is a bit open.

First try the idle screw,U may be able to screw it in and control that idle that way.

OR

The TS screw is holding the throttle plate open,in which case,just wind it out until it settles.The CT voltage will be lower but dosen't matter as long as it's idling fine and going fine.This happened on Timmy's car and the CT voltage was 0.43 and WOT 4.5 but it did not affect the performance.

Stay positive mate! All this will learn ya good!
    Last edited by beeza; 13-07-2010 at 04:23 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 DC2R
    I'll take off the intake arm tomorow and check if the plate is open. I didn't get the issue till i changed the coolant though. But ill try it out. This is what is happening to my car atm.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWEqSfq_r-Y BTW it only occurs once the engine is warmed up, once its cold it just keeps a solid 1800 revs as its warming up. If it sounds the same as what happened to your mates car, then please lemme know, ill be fixing it tomorrow and hopefully it runs tops

ALSO if i removed the TS screw and throttle cable, then the plate inside the TB would be 100% closed wouldn't it? Ill try just taking them two off to see if the issue persists or its gone.
    Last edited by EK1 Civic; 13-07-2010 at 07:01 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    I have no audio atm..

But just try what I said,if it's not that I reckon the FITV next.

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 DC2R
    Ended up being the throttle plate, i got WOT at 4.50v and CT at 0.44v. Max setting i could get without the plate beginning to open. Thanks for the help beeza, learned alot from this DIY. Learnt how to bleed the radiator, calibrate the TPS, adjust throttle cable and if plates open during idle it has bouncy revs xD. Maybe you could copy the video link into the DIY pointing out the fact is this happens its the result of the throttle plate being open during idle. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWEqSfq_r-Y

Going for a test run tonight, nice DIY champ

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 DC2R
    The car runs so different now, i have to use the pedal less, the responce is amazing, even when i put the foot down it goes even harder then before. I tested going up a hill to see for improvement, basically went in gear 3, 42kms at about 1700 revs and it held it the whole time without having to push the pedal any further. Feels like my lil civic has been reborned. Amazing DIY props to u beeza

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Thanks so much mate.

It's amazing what I can learn if one is open and willing,i.e. Can put the ego to one side.

Excellent.Very well done!!

I'll update the thread when I get a chance.

Cant wait to try this!

My idle is really random - when you start the car untill its warm its liek 2500RPM, then it drop to 800-900 rpm later, and then wil randomly increase and dcrease. Will doing this maintenance fix this?

Member Array
    Car:
    91 DA6
    excellent write up man, need to calibrate my tps again as i broke mine, forgot the figures,
    great detail in the write up great work
    thanks xD
    good to see ppl sharing hahah
    Build Thread http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=128210

RIP 1992 Horizon Grey DA9
    Current 1991 JDM Burgundy DA6, with 108kw atw B18A1

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Thanks mate

Member Array
    Car:
    91 DA6
    just calibrated today, like to vouch how much diff this makes,
    soo much more throttle response and power in a higher gear, like say make a turn 30kph in 2nd and power down it actaully picks up didnt use to
    ill let u know bout fuel economy i was gettin pretty shotty fuel economy bout 350 a tank, ill let know how it goes next week
    Build Thread http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=128210

RIP 1992 Horizon Grey DA9
    Current 1991 JDM Burgundy DA6, with 108kw atw B18A1