Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 212829303132 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    I've uploaded pics of the new replica grille and how well it fits. My father and I came to the conclusion the reason why the cheap replica one didn't fit was because the mesh had already been fitted and was very very poorly cut. As a result, the mesh was "bending" the plastic, hence causing it to not fit.

Lesson to be learnt: If you're cutting the mesh for the grille- DO NOT USE THE ORIGINAL CRAPPY MESH AS A TEMPLATE

Here are some pics;

More can be found at http://picasaweb.google.com/jace.88/08JACE888Stage2

Sorry for not so great quality; was using a camera phone inside the carpark. Also note, it's still the original dull black it came in- I haven't spray painted it to colour match the rest of my car. But from afar, it looks stock and the lines are quite flowing with the bonnet, so it doesn't look out of place

ps. Even though Mugen is great quality, I refuse to believe that the front grille is worth $500+ AUD. But then I also am shocked to find that the cheap grille (my first silver one) probably isn't even worth $50. As a tip dyljoy, you can try taking off the mesh, buying proper mesh and cutting it again, and then also using the 3M double sided foam tape to help hold it in firmly; however, this all depends how good quality the plastic used to make the grille is... my second (black) grille was considerably more durable/stronger than the first one despite both claiming to be made from ABS Plastic.

Member Array
    Car:
    Cheapest Civic 06, E90
    IMO, for copy one.. it just the matter of the craftsmanship and quality of the "ingredients".. and.. you get what you pay.. that is almost always true..

your one looking good jace..

Member Array
    Car:
    09 jazz
    Quote Originally Posted by JaCe View Post
    I've uploaded pics of the new replica grille and how well it fits. My father and I came to the conclusion the reason why the cheap replica one didn't fit was because the mesh had already been fitted and was very very poorly cut. As a result, the mesh was "bending" the plastic, hence causing it to not fit.

Lesson to be learnt: If you're cutting the mesh for the grille- DO NOT USE THE ORIGINAL CRAPPY MESH AS A TEMPLATE

Here are some pics;

More can be found at http://picasaweb.google.com/jace.88/08JACE888Stage2

Sorry for not so great quality; was using a camera phone inside the carpark. Also note, it's still the original dull black it came in- I haven't spray painted it to colour match the rest of my car. But from afar, it looks stock and the lines are quite flowing with the bonnet, so it doesn't look out of place

ps. Even though Mugen is great quality, I refuse to believe that the front grille is worth $500+ AUD. But then I also am shocked to find that the cheap grille (my first silver one) probably isn't even worth $50. As a tip dyljoy, you can try taking off the mesh, buying proper mesh and cutting it again, and then also using the 3M double sided foam tape to help hold it in firmly; however, this all depends how good quality the plastic used to make the grille is... my second (black) grille was considerably more durable/stronger than the first one despite both claiming to be made from ABS Plastic.
    ok, i will try it later, thx

Member Array
    Car:
    not a honda
    how big is the mugen wing? is it similar to an Evo/STI wing? it looks kinda big in the pics but i haven't seen it in real life so i dunno.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    Quote Originally Posted by dyljoy View Post
    ok, i will try it later, thx
    Btw oops, I just realised my grammar/punctuation made it ambiguous.

1. Cut mesh bigger than the template/original crappy mesh; and then trim to fit the screwholes or cable tie slits (depending on which replica grille you have)

2. Use either screws/washers or cable ties (again depending on which replica grille you have) to attach the mesh and THEN trim the mesh to fit.

3. After using the screws or 'pop-in' screws (again depending on which replica grille you have) to fit the grille to the front; make sure it fits snug.

4. THEN take it out, and use 3 or 5 strips of double-sided 3M foam sticky tape along the bottom part of the grille (ie. the part which sits on top of the bumper) and then it'll hold it in really firmly.

Some of the replica grilles (in my case, the crappy silver one) have a 4th screw/hole for you to use to affix the grille which might make Step 4 not necessary since it'll be stronger; but I personally never used it since I didn't like the silver grille enough to try to get it to fit. The double sided tape is much better.

Hope this helps

PS. When I saw the Mugen wing in person.. it's huge. I'm guessing it's the same size as the Evo or STi ones but can't really make that much of a comparison. On a sidenote, in Malaysia I saw a replica one and it was around RM350 from memory; or about $120aud.

Member Array
    Car:
    09 jazz
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob san View Post
    how big is the mugen wing? is it similar to an Evo/STI wing? it looks kinda big in the pics but i haven't seen it in real life so i dunno.
    not too big, and perfect fit size for civic

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    Btw on a sidenote, when I say "huge".. i mean, from a practicality point of view in terms of fitting it into my carry on luggage when flying back from Malaysia to Sydney.

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by dyljoy View Post
    HaHa, my car just completed the Mugen kit once I got the kit from JDM concept yesterday, thx for RAZ05 and other frd help me to put them on in 3 hrs, very happy for the result now. Ok, here is the pic taken by RAZ05, Enjoy~

Hi guyz, just wondering where did u get all these mod? order from the net or wt? the Mugen kit is cool!!
    I'm new, sure u guys can help me out !!

[QUOTE=JaCe;1027488]Btw on a sidenote, when I say "huge".. i mean, from a practicality point of view in terms of fitting it into my carry on luggage when flying back from Malaysia to Sydney.[/QUOT

Can you get genuine Mugen wings from Malaysia? I was adviced that I cant even get one on stock in Japan...

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Civic
    then how did dyljoy get that mugen kit??
    it looks reli good. . i wanna have one too if its possible.....neone can give me some direction?
    Cheers

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ML350, GE8 VTI-S
    Quote Originally Posted by tkbuild View Post
    then how did dyljoy get that mugen kit??
    it looks reli good. . i wanna have one too if its possible.....neone can give me some direction?
    Cheers

go to Traders and look for JDM concept, he'll have the kit for you.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ML350, GE8 VTI-S
    click here

for your bodykit