Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    k20 dc2
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyln.bxtr View Post
    Thanks for the help dude.
    Just read about some fellas down in Sydney pushing out 400hp with boost in a k24. Would you be able to get 300hp (200kw) n/a if the same set up? I actually think they are on here somewhere.
    This is the list I have got so far.

Engine - b18cr/k20a
    Short rammed cold air intake
    Head studs
    Pistons.
    Rockers.
    Cam.
    Sleeved.
    stand alone fuel management.
    Engine mounts.
    Intake manifold.
    Exhaust manifold.
    Fuel pump
    Fuel pressure regulator
    Fuel filter
    Fuel rail
    Fuel injectors.
    Spark plugs and leads
    Distributor.
    70mm throttle body
    Map sensors
    Radiator.
    Fan.
    S80 LSD transmission. 98 spec
    Or 6 speed LSD trans
    Short shifter.
    are you looking for a daily/occasional track or a track/weekend warrior

IF you are looking for a daily id just buy a k24 bone stock and rotrex low boost it you would reliably see 200kw.
    The main bits would be:
    Bone k24
    good set of headers
    3" exhaust
    RBC intake bored to 70 mm
    70mm throttle body
    rotrex
    6 speed itr box
    decent clutch setup
    tune
    Thats just a basic setup for street. It will start to get very pricey if you want to set it up for circuit however.
    easy 200kw. And if the engine blows (unlikely). It will cost you another 1k to replace? definitely a winner.

Personally i would go F/I for the reliability of driving it everyday.

Account Disabled Array
    We've built K20/K24 All motor combination that make over 300hp at the crank. 400hp is achievable and has been done many times before. If you have the budget to do it, then why not.

Our current engine in the drag car produces over 205kw at the front wheels with a basic combination. I've also got another K25 in an Ek9 that will make 215kw once its all dialed in. K-series is the only way to go! Spend it once, spend it right and don't look back with regrets

Remember when building a car with all that power, other aspects of the car will need to be address. Gearing is critical, suspension set-up, brakes etc etc

Member Array
    Car:
    98 ek b18cr
    I've actually been reading a lot of their stuff. They are killing the import scene.
    Thanks for linking me their engine. Never thought of reading the sale threads
    206kw is an absolute machine

Member Array
    Car:
    98 ek b18cr
    Well that's awkward was reading the first page still.
    Benson yours are absolute machines. Is it aight if I just throw you questions every now and then on what would ultimately be the best set up.
    Most definitely leaning towards a k swap. Just saw that yours is a mini me head swap. Never really thought about it on the k's only the d's. Is there much gain out of it??
    And like you said spend once spend right.
    The suspension is actually the first upgrade I plan to do.
    I've been researching and started a thread on people's tips and ideas.
    I have an apprenticeship trial tomorrow. So hopefully the finances start coming in and the build can get underway. ( and the saving ) -.-

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    I would start wit a car with the K already in there. More modern car..more features etc etc. Specially if its daily. Then super charge it. That's my plan when i get my license back in a months time. I personally think the 90's honda's interior is getting really outdated for what you pay and nearly every single one has been trashed/crashed by a P plater and the ones that havn't been asking price is just as much as the newer model of the same car. FN2R 2007 Model* + Rotex Supercharger + Tune. Nice simple all under 30k as well. Being a new car it will have less K's. Also will make for a great sleeper for them bogan V8's in my area.
    Last edited by amant02; 31-01-2013 at 10:32 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    98 ek b18cr
    In all honesty. I want to keep my ek. I actually really like the appearance of the car. There isn't much better then a nice little black hatch.
    But sleeper is exactly what I am looking to do. No appearance mods. Just performance and handling/safety.

Member Array
    Car:
    Winfield
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyln.bxtr View Post
    In all honesty. I want to keep my ek. I actually really like the appearance of the car. There isn't much better then a nice little black hatch.
    But sleeper is exactly what I am looking to do. No appearance mods. Just performance and handling/safety.
    you can keep the ek for daily duties and buy another car more 'sports' orientated for weekend and performance

Member Array
    Car:
    98 ek b18cr
    My other car is a ute for my apprenticeship. Not having three cars sorry.
    But it is decided. K swap it is

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    K24 paired to a DC5R Transmission is amazing. I just finished my own swap and I can tell you its a great combo.
    part time potato

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    If you are looking into a k swap in the near future, i am currently stripping a k24a3 that will be rebuilt to your exact requirements here:

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3652924

I am also able to source all required parts from a range of manufactures to suit a wide budget range
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    Car:
    98 ek b18cr
    Don't really have the funds right now sorry mate. Gotta do some saving and a bit more research first before I am really ready to start the build :/

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Unlimited budget ftw.

Im in brissy too, i can take you for a ride lol, you wont look back haha
    part time potato