Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jprak View Post
    Lowers it, you won't scrub with people in the car with stock height
    Ahaha, sweet.

To lip or to FD2R bumper..Decisions, decisions...

Say, has anyone had experience with BodykitsKingdom before? (http://www.bodykitskingdom.co.uk/mag...nda/civic.html)

EDIT: More noob questions to be asked: For a daily and never track; springs or coils?
    Last edited by Daniel.29; 23-05-2015 at 02:17 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Bagged FD Civic
    If you want a fd2r and in NSW just go JDMyard for it

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel.29 View Post
    Ahaha, sweet.

Say, has anyone had experience with BodykitsKingdom before? (http://www.bodykitskingdom.co.uk/mag...nda/civic.html)

EDIT: More noob questions to be asked: For a daily and never track; springs or coils?
    Springs are cheaper and will do the job fine.

Have a look here...great range of products and the guys there are really helpful too.

www.jdmyard.com

An Axle back wont change the noise by much. I've experimented it with two different mufflers and both same outcome. Honestly, It sounds exactly like stock.
    If you are looking for noise then just get an Axle and chop off one of the resonators. Thats what I did. No resonators and a straight through muffler and
    I'm making 110 DB. Which is loud. The MCG Football stadium with the crowed screaming makes 103 DB. But I have a Varex so it only opens when I want it to
    and quiet as stock if Im not in a mood to make noise. Keep in mind this is with the stock 1.75" piping. I can make it heaps louder if I get a bigger pipe but yeah... 110 db is enough..

Js Racing is good and all but I dont see justice spending big bucks on a muffler. Especially on an FD. Try finding a secondhand Js muffler or any other Japanese brand if you want jap. Or look into a Varex Muffler. A Varex Muffler is so handy being able to adjust the volume. I personally wouldn't want to spend $650 on a muffler that wont do much... Performance wise. Before you know it. You'll be spending $850 on this. Installing the muffler is $100 and then you'll realize it made no sound difference and then you'll go chop your resonator off which will cost another $100. Trust man, Im speaking through my experiences and I've told multiple people that changing the muffler alone wont do much and it always ends how I say it will. They're always, "I'll do muffler for now and then see how it sounds." Then less than 24 hours they message me asking how I got mine so loud.

This is mine with only 1 resonator removed. Not as loud as it is currently now but that resonator makes a big difference.

Last edited by Honda_FD; 23-05-2015 at 04:48 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jprak View Post
    If you want a fd2r and in NSW just go JDMyard for it
    From Melbourne, but I did shoot them an email to see if they have any of the kit stuff in stock, since I couldn't find any on their site.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    Springs are cheaper and will do the job fine.

Have a look here...great range of products and the guys there are really helpful too.

www.jdmyard.com
    Will do.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda_FD View Post
    An Axle back wont change the noise by much. I've experimented it with two different mufflers and both same outcome. Honestly, It sounds exactly like stock.
    If you are looking for noise then just get an Axle and chop off one of the resonators. Thats what I did. No resonators and a straight through muffler and
    I'm making 110 DB. Which is loud. The MCG Football stadium with the crowed screaming makes 103 DB. But I have a Varex so it only opens when I want it to
    and quiet as stock if Im not in a mood to make noise. Keep in mind this is with the stock 1.75" piping. I can make it heaps louder if I get a bigger pipe but yeah... 110 db is enough..

Js Racing is good and all but I dont see justice spending big bucks on a muffler. Especially on an FD. Try finding a secondhand Js muffler or any other Japanese brand if you want jap. Or look into a Varex Muffler. A Varex Muffler is so handy being able to adjust the volume. I personally wouldn't want to spend $650 on a muffler that wont do much... Performance wise. Before you know it. You'll be spending $850 on this. Installing the muffler is $100 and then you'll realize it made no sound difference and then you'll go chop your resonator off which will cost another $100. Trust man, Im speaking through my experiences and I've told multiple people that changing the muffler alone wont do much and it always ends how I say it will. They're always, "I'll do muffler for now and then see how it sounds." Then less than 24 hours they message me asking how I got mine so loud.

This is mine with only 1 resonator removed. Not as loud as it is currently now but that resonator makes a big difference.

Good point...Now you're making me rethink my decision, lol...

I already put down a deposit on the axle back, and I suppose I still have roughly a month to decide if I really want it or not. I used to want a varex, but always got told by mechanics and all that, that they weren't good for street use, since apparently they easily get dicked by the cops. Btw, the $650 included the installation of the unit too. I guess I'll see how it goes, and if it isn't worthy, I'll either sell it off, or get a friend to chop off a resonator for me. Not after something too loud when just cruising around at like 2k-2.5k rpm, maybe just a slightly deep tone/drone.
    Last edited by Daniel.29; 23-05-2015 at 05:07 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1 2008
    @Honda_FD: Does yours sound like this in a garage?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlE9_y0sPaM

Dont get me wrong. Js Racing mufflers are awesome. I just prefer the Varex as I used to leave for work at 6am so it comes in handy.
    Not to mention when getting pulled over or going through a Random Breath Test you can make it quiet with a button. Its your money and your car you can do whatever you want.
    As for getting pulled over Im pretty sure a Js Mufflers gets more attention than an average oval muffler lol.

Videos are hard to tell. But if I give my car a flogging underground I can set of car alarms. Which I dont. Cause its dangerous. But I have... Lol
    My brother mainly drives the car now and when he leaves home I can hear him cruising it 3 blocks + A Football oval away. Its not farty or ricey so all good.

Personal preferences. Thats all.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Honda_FD View Post
    Dont get me wrong. Js Racing mufflers are awesome. I just prefer the Varex as I used to leave for work at 6am so it comes in handy.
    Not to mention when getting pulled over or going through a Random Breath Test you can make it quiet with a button. Its your money and your car you can do whatever you want.
    As for getting pulled over Im pretty sure a Js Mufflers gets more attention than an average oval muffler lol.

Videos are hard to tell. But if I give my car a flogging underground I can set of car alarms. Which I dont. Cause its dangerous. But I have... Lol
    My brother mainly drives the car now and when he leaves home I can hear him cruising it 3 blocks + A Football oval away. Its not farty or ricey so all good.

Personal preferences. Thats all.
    Ah yeah, that's fair enough then, haha.

3 blocks and a footy oval sounds like that thing must be pretty loud if he's just "cruising"!

Say, how much did you get the varex for? and exhaust system wise, you're running a catback or stock? (Not sure if you've said it before or not, lol)

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1-RR 2.7
    Only 3 blocks ya not trying hard enough ive had mate tell me they could her my exhaust for over 5mins and about 5kms away lol

Quote Originally Posted by Stevil View Post
    Only 3 blocks ya not trying hard enough ive had mate tell me they could her my exhaust for over 5mins and about 5kms away lol
    Thats unfair lol. I only have a Varex Muffler and the oem 1.75" pipe.
    You have a 3" right? Talk about exhausts...

Member Array
    Car:
    '11 FD1
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel.29 View Post
    Ahaha, sweet.

Dealt with them once, they decent enough, talk to them directly, they may shave off a few dollars on their pricing, depends on what you're buying.

And my muffler, hasn't drawn any attention since I put them on ages ago. Just as I'm leaving an RBT station, I just accelerate very very slowly.. I've have seen cops double take when they hear my car though. Helps that I'm at stock height haha

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1 2008
    Haha, did you remove your resonator or kept it on?