Hi there, I think the CU2 Accord Euro is a good choice if you want a practical and relatively cheap sports sedan.

1. Fuel Economy: What's the economy around town like?

It sucks... don't get the auto if you want decent fuel economy in town. I usually see 10+ liters/100 km in slow town traffic, but highway cruising gets 7l/100km or lower. Apparently the manual is better but you'll be shifting early everywhere to get better fuel economy.

2. Sound System

It's pretty good but there's a pronounced midrange and treble kick that makes the system sound harsh. A DSP upgrade and better speakers improves things by a lot, some threads on here on that.

3. Performance, Handling & Steering

We get the lower powered engine and auto with paddle shifts here but for me, it's good enough for plenty of twisty-road grins. The handling is pretty flat and stable on 17" wheels. I think the standard stability control system only intervenes when you're about to crash into a tree... The engine needs to be revved above 5000 rpm to get power and torque but the upside is the fantastic noise it makes. VTEC kicked in yo!!! The steering is a bit light because it's an electrically assisted system - you won't get the feel of a hydraulic setup but you get used to it. Expect more feedback from the tires and suspension than the steering.

4. Back Seat Space & Comfort
The back seats are really meant for 2 people, the side seats are deeply sculpted so your butt just sinks in there. The middle seat is an afterthought, reserve it for friends you don't like 6-footers might find the legroom a bit cramped unless the front seats are moved up.

5. What's it like compared to the competition?
I guess it goes against luxury compact sedans like BMW 3's, Merc C's, Lexus IS, Buick Regal, Toyota Reis or Camry. My dream car for this segment is a Lexus IS300 but the Euro is a helluva lot cheaper