Page 128 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 28781181251261271281291301311381782286281128 ... LastLast
Results 1,525 to 1,536 of 16607

Thread: EP3 Type R

Member Array
    Car:
    scooby doobydoo
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSteve View Post
    car is good but only 1 thing i find annoying and that is when im driving it feels that the steering wheel is 2 far away. And i cant move seat forward due to leg room other then that the car is awesome
    i feel the same. also lately been adjusting like crazy just to find a nice position, maybe i just need a full bucket lol
    EPisode3 : revenge of the civic

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    haha its crap that u cant find the perfect position aye. I can move my seat forward abit but i loose a lil bit of leg room plus if anyone saw me from the outside my chair would b sitting halfway along the window so that would look really unco. I saw a ep3 with aftermarket adjustable steering wheel so u can pull it towards u and u can unclip the steering wheel to get in and out of the car. I wouldnt mind that but would b expensive i would imagine. Dang why do aftermarket parts have to b sooooooo expensive >_<

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    the original driving position was too high for me so i got a Vision lowering rail which helps a bit and my current is close to perfect.

the rail tilts the seat a bit so my legs are less straight which means i can move forward a bit and hence the steering wheel isn't too far away
    Last edited by Philip Lee; 11-11-2008 at 11:33 PM.
    GD3 -> EP3 -> RB3

FS Rays nuts etc

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    Quote Originally Posted by micka View Post
    does anyone's ep3 have a key hole to unlock their door with a key, or do they have to unlock with remote (be it oem remote or aftermarket alarm/immobiliser)?
    have key hole on mine, on both doors + hatch.
    Last edited by Philip Lee; 12-11-2008 at 10:23 AM.
    GD3 -> EP3 -> RB3

FS Rays nuts etc

Member Array
    Car:
    ek4
    GUESS WHAT GUYS!

i've booked on SAT to put a deposit to get my EP3!
    im going for a Black 04 - FL.

Any tips or anything i should be aware of when i go there guys?
    im not going with IMG im going with TopMotorImports.com

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    yay kriZy.

regarding your question, have you seen/td the car yet?

EP3 is similar to any used car so the usual checks apply. if it's a c package, make sure the car comes with OEM HID as many compliance shops took them off for compliance but don't supply the parts afterwards. to tell whether it's a c package, check if the side mirrors have electric folding and also if it has external temp display within the range/odo screen of the dash. just press the botton and scroll through the menu.

other than that, maybe u should check to make sure it has the FL features like projectors, diff front spoiler and diff colour recaros. being a FL, the JDM vin starts with EP313xxxxx.
    GD3 -> EP3 -> RB3

FS Rays nuts etc

Member Array
    Car:
    ek4
    Hey Phillip,

what do you mean td the car?

um not yet. what's happening is im going to put a deposit and then their going to find a car for me, show me the pics and i get to choose. If i dont like it they'll keep looking until im happy. Estimated time to get to me after i've chosen is 6-8weeks yo!
    comes with 6 months rego. after that i gotta find insurance. Just car maybe.

i'm hoping to get a c-package, i asked the guy on the phone and he didnt know much about ep3's :O. I guess i'll go in to meet him and tell them specifically what C-Package is.

Basically C-Package is:
    Auto air conditioner
    Power window
    Powered door lock
    Keyless entry system with welcome lamp
    Discharge headlights - Don't know what that is
    Privacy glass
    Colored fold-in electric door mirrors

taken from: http://www.civictyper.org/ep3civic.html
    But this is UK model im assuming.

btw, thanks for the heads up with the HIDs.
    Last edited by kriZy; 12-11-2008 at 10:02 AM. Reason: forgot to add

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    td = test drive. i thought u're buying a car that's already here.

u'll find the majority of the cars are c package. and since u're importing, make damn sure that the importer knows you want to keep the HID. if they have to remove it for compliance, make sure they give you the parts back or don't take the car.

if u can DIY a bit, refitting OEM HID isn't too hard. u'll need to take off the bumper and headlights and solder a few wires.

btw discharge headlights = hid; all EP3 has power windows and i dun have a clue what welcome lamp is.
    Last edited by Philip Lee; 12-11-2008 at 10:24 AM.
    GD3 -> EP3 -> RB3

FS Rays nuts etc

Member Array
    Car:
    ek4
    oh ok.
    Yeah i hope i really get HID standards.
    Auto air conditioner, doesnt' standar ep3s have this?
    or is this an extra switch you can leave on auto (which doesnt make a big difference lol) instead of low-high

I'll update you guys after Saturday.
    Thanks Phillip

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    Quote Originally Posted by kriZy View Post
    i asked the guy on the phone and he didnt know much about ep3's :O
    is this is your first jap import? remind me why you are going through these guys as apposed to IMG or someone who knows what to actually look for in an ep3 before they even bring the car over? pics wont tell u much when its still in jap land.

Member Array
    Car:
    ek4
    Quote Originally Posted by Seren1ty View Post
    is this is your first jap import? remind me why you are going through these guys as apposed to IMG or someone who knows what to actually look for in an ep3 before they even bring the car over? pics wont tell u much when its still in jap land.

yes it is.
    reason why im going with these guys is:
    1. Cheaper
    2. Friend of a friend and he has imported them an R33 and Evo7 and they are in top condition.

But i am abit scared that they dont know too much about EP3s cause i dont think they import much of them. IMG sound very professional whereas these guys dont to me.. but i still trust them.

I'll make the final decision when i sit down and talk to them face to face until im happy and bring the information that phillip has passed on.
    Last edited by kriZy; 12-11-2008 at 10:38 AM. Reason: forgot to add.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    Quote Originally Posted by kriZy View Post
    I'll make the final decision when i sit down and talk to them face to face until im happy...
    ok well make sure that if you not happy you can take back ur deposit and walk away even when it arrives over here, otherwise who knows what trouble you just bought.

get an independent inspection done when it arrives (eg. State Roads were good for a few ppl on here - including me).

also ask them if they are prepared to fix any problems that the independent inspection turns up without it costing you anything more.

hope ur not stretching ur budget too far good luck!