Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 41112131415 LastLast
    Hey,

my b18 gsi has that same problem, even though i've filled it with coolant it still spends most its time on the cold side :S

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    change thermostat
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    honda
    def change thermostat, tridon part tt328-170, cost about $38 and made a noticable improvement to the way car drives. Only takes bout 30mins, easy job

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209

Thermostat DIY

Check this DIY. It's a pretty good DIY, but be sure to read wynode's comments also. Even a relatively mechanical noob can do it very easily.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...thermostat+DIY

Charlie Brown, mrmvc and everyone else, do this asap as it's a cheap and easy job.
    くまくま━━━━━━ヽ( ・(ェ)・ )ノ━━━━━━ !!

Done, fuel economy has not changed but car is warming up fine. Old thermostat was clearly stuck open when inspected. Was not cheap by any means...

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    Quote Originally Posted by charliebrown View Post
    Done, fuel economy has not changed but car is warming up fine. Old thermostat was clearly stuck open when inspected. Was not cheap by any means...
    How much did it cost?? Thermostat costs about 40 bucks and labour is no more than 1 hour all up (incl. warming car up and waiting for radiator fan to come on twice).

For just the equipment, it was $110 with a discount, normally itd be 135ish (thermo is 80 coolant is 55). It took like 2 hours to do the job and radiator fan never came on after like 45 minutes so we just left it. Had to keep topping up the coolant reservoir tank for a few days. My car didnt have a bleed bolt

sigh....

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2 / CL9
    my 94 vtir always runs cold, have never noticed less powerful vtec, i think its just the car ...when i had to change the radiator and bleeding it etc it took forever for it to heat up and the fan to even turn on...mechanic sitting there getting frustrated waiting...i'm assuming it doesnt take that long for other cars! Runs even colder at night with the cold air and sounds 10 x better when vtec kicks in i say.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    Quote Originally Posted by Chantelle View Post
    my 94 vtir always runs cold, have never noticed less powerful vtec, i think its just the car ...when i had to change the radiator and bleeding it etc it took forever for it to heat up and the fan to even turn on...mechanic sitting there getting frustrated waiting...i'm assuming it doesnt take that long for other cars! Runs even colder at night with the cold air and sounds 10 x better when vtec kicks in i say.

Welcome to OH

thermostat

replace it

should fix it

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2 / CL9
    thanks will do

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    do not rev it up to vtec when it's running cold, chantelle. it isn't good for your engine. infact I didn't think vtec engaged if it wasn't at running temp.

in terms of warming up time i've noticed integras take a while to warm up compared to other normal cars but it shouldn't be cooling while driving, it should take about 5-10 minutes to reach running temp at idle (in medium weather) and should stay there.

thermostat most likely needs changing as it has been stated, change the gasket for another OEM one too.

good luck
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015