Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I can confirm it has 35kms. I purchased it myself from Japan.

In the case of genuine kms, is 5W30 best?

Can anyone confirm how much gear box oil the ep3 takes? some are saying 1.8L then I found one guy saying 2.5L

Thanks

roughly 1.7-1.8L andrew. 2 bottles will do ya
    KEEP IT VIET | KEEP IT JDM
    FaLL iN LoVe WheN YoU aRe ReAdY, NoT WhEN YoU ARe LOnEly

cheers man

Yo, where do you guys buy your Honda MTF fluid from? Am i guessing directly from Honda? I'm from Sydney, where would be the cheapest place?

I assume that's the best fluid for the EP3 based on the comments in this thread saying it's buttery smooth shifting vs say Motul..

For the OEM HAMP oil filters I'm looking to source them from JDM Yard. Where do you guys buy all the OEM honda servicing gear from like seals and timing belts?

Thanks, sorry in advance if these questions sound retarded..

Quote Originally Posted by EP3TYPER View Post
    I can confirm it has 35kms. I purchased it myself from Japan.

In the case of genuine kms, is 5W30 best?
    I want the answer as to why this is better and most people are using this vs 5W40 in the manual?

A late bump but i figured a thread like this could do with it to help others.

My car is a 100% daily driver and it also runs a Cusco 1way so OEM oil is not recommend, We had to do a little research and testing to come up with this mixture of good on the street and this is the perfect range for track/hills also, Have taken it on a few spirited runs and not a single difference as the heat begins to climb.

I also let my car get to about 50-60 degree's (2minutes of idling) before i actually drive it, this helps ALOT with the LSD especially and the transmission since this oil is thicker and it is recommended by Cusco also to bring the oil more into its heat efficiency range.

Engine Oil: FUCHS TITAN 5w40 prev FUCHS TITAN 10w40
    Oil Filter: RYCO Z547
    Brake Fluid: FUCHS DOT4
    Transmission Oil: FUCHS 80w90 Supergear LS
    Spark Plugs: NGK BKR6EIX-11
    Air Filter: APEXI Pod
    Fuel filter: OEM
    Coolant: FUCHS
    Last edited by ntonio; 05-06-2015 at 09:01 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    shibiku taipu R
    If you live in the south west, Mekong Spares in Canley Vale is so far the cheapest I know..

Btw, where are all the old ep3 fellas gone to??

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    ^all sold man.

I can only think of Peter, Perry and Dylan who are left.

Hoping to get my EP3 tomorrow, will do oil this weekend, and drive belt as pre inspection said it's worn. Is it easy enough to get through Honda here? and for the oil my car won't be tracked (maybe in future) so go with 5W40 ?
    Every Day You Don't Practice, Is A Day You Get Worse
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Quote Originally Posted by ntonio View Post
    Engine Oil: FUCHS TITAN 5w40 prev FUCHS TITAN 10w40
    What's so great about Fuchs Titan, if you don't mind me asking (I don't know anything about it)?

I am quite happy with Penrite "Racing" oil - it's the cheapest Group 4 based oil you can buy.

I run 5w30 as the fn2 won't see the track (because it's too slow!.........) - the 5w30 has friction modifiers so might pick up a kW or two to help the fn2's glacier-esque (lack of) performance.

I suppose 10w40 would be good for a tracked EP3, that verson doesn't have friction modifiers - either are not bad for $55/bottle on special.
    Last edited by JordanMugen; 16-06-2015 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tseesinngwailo View Post
    Hoping to get my EP3 tomorrow, will do oil this weekend, and drive belt as pre inspection said it's worn. Is it easy enough to get through Honda here? and for the oil my car won't be tracked (maybe in future) so go with 5W40 ?
    I ran 5w40 before (there was a special on shell helix ultra), but I am sure the 5w30 feels better.

I don't see why you can't run 5w30 in a non-tracked car, as that is the spec of oil that Honda specify. I don't think there is any need to run a 40-weight, unless tracking the car.

I noticed the Clio RS folks run 5w40, but let's be honest, their engine is no K20 now is it?