Quote Originally Posted by Chernoby1 View Post
I think Danny's car has some big issues. Mine pulled 43.4kw 100% bog stock on same dyno/day as his pulled 54kw(i think) with all his mods. When i went back with my horrible road tune i pulled a 54.5; everything other than ecu is stock... His car should be ~70kw with the f111 kit. Pulling ~90kw from our engines isnt difficult at all and doesnt even require opening the block up. Sure 180kw is a tad hardcore (300kw/L) but i was responding to a guy that did say:

Full mod is full mod.

My argument is that the power of the car is irrelevant to how it is driven. I might want to have an overly powerful car that i can take to a drag strip but i do not have the space/nor money to have a dedicated drag car AND a car i drive everyday. Why must it automatically be assumed that coz it is powerful i will hoon it? Should we assume that everyone with a gun (inc police/security) will shoot someone with it when they bear it in public? Seems retarded to me...

If they dont have the maturity to not wrap themselves around a tree, i dont want them on a road. Period.

Why the F*ck are the Permitted to 'learn' and 'mature' on the road in an uncontrolled environment that is unsafe? The rest of the planet (well majority) doesnt have any sort of probationary laws.. why? Because if you arent ready to drive everything on the road, you simply ARENT READY. None of this "You can drive some of the stuff some of the time to learn" crap.

The fact that the Licensing test is held on public roads is beyond stupid. Until someone is fully lisenced they shoudlnt be on the road. want a license in japan? Do al lthe written test and then go through the practical exam in a Controlled Environment that is namely, NOT THE PUBLIC ROAD.

If someone wants to drive a vehicle with largely different dynamics for the 'average' car they need to get 'certified' for it. Want to drive something more than 4500kg? Need a LR y0.
Have a car that doenst have any sort of ESP/ESC/TC/ABS/ECT, Get a certification for the use of "Unassisted vehicles"
If someone wants to drive a 1000hp Supra, Get certified for "High Power Vehicles"
Just making the call on the capp as I see it, as you own the car I'm sure you have more of an idea than I do.

The argument with restricting P platers from having high powered cars is due to "reducing" the risk of accidents, since the implementation of these restriction laws we have seen a decline in road fatalities, on a less tangible aspect the brain matures as you age and generally reaches it''s full development at around 25 which is also why they were looking to extend Ps to that age.

The law is there to protect the wider communities, because you want to have a overly powerful car to take on the dragstrip and drive around everyday, doesn't mean they would want to put additional risk on your life, the lives of your passengers and the general public (inexperience in a high powered car). An analogy would be that you want a Ferrari but can't afford one, so you do extensive modifications on your car to comparable performance, that's not an argument when you get defected, although you're increasing the performance of your car, you're not abiding by the written laws which is for the greater good (granted some things are stupid like EPA, coilover rules etc.)

Sadly even though you don't want morons on the road there will still be some, they ruin it for the others (fact) think about all the guys who rip skids getting out of meets even when explicable advised not to.

Not sure what you mean by "Why the F*ck are the Permitted to 'learn' and 'mature' on the road in an uncontrolled environment that is unsafe?" however I'll forward my own interpretation, well to get your Ps you're required to do 120 hours on Ls, this is to increase the knowledge and experience on the road (yes the system get's abused by can't say more hours behind the wheel is a bad thing). What I would ask here, how is letting people drive over powered cars on public roads for them to learn is safe? Well it's not safe? I don't want to drive down the road whilst some c*nt is practicing skids around the corner.

The rest of the "developed" world does have probationary licensing, two examples I'll use is the US and Europe:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Driver%..._United_States

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_driving_licence

Although there are variants and there may be less/more time spent in probation (or equivalent).

"Because if you arent ready to drive everything on the road, you simply ARENT READY", most people driving on the road would never drive/purchased a high powered sports car, they are simply driving A to B in their fwd hatchback or family car, I can't see why we need to change a rule that doesn't affect the MAJORITY of road users.

The licensing will need to conducted on a public road to see their ability to drive in comparable conditions to when they have their license. Keep in mind there is an instructor/tester to accompany the driver, therefore they are being supervised. Using your argument it means that L platers cannot drive on public roads, I'm not sure how they can attain their licenses? I do agree that there should be a defensive portion of the licensing test, perhaps a DECA section? However there are costs involved with that and it's unlikely to be implemented any soon.

While you have the idea of different licensing depending on cars, it will be ridiculously hard to enforce. Basically everyone will rort the system and cops will have to be pulling every tom dick and harry over to check their license conditions. Current systems works, if you car is over 4500kgs and you don't have the licensing you get fined. If you're driving a high powered car and you're not full licensed you get fined, yes people don't put up Ps for that reason, but then you're running a double fine and it's instant loss of license.

Instead of having a license for vehicles without ESP/ESC/TC/ABS/ECT, I think the mandatory DECA course is more practical as they can do testing in vehicles without those assistances. All new cars nowadays are required to have electronic aids anyway, so soon enough the majority of cars on the road will have these safety features by default.