Hybrid View

Strange that the doors would be different between Accord 2 doors, especially at the front A pillar. May mean the windscreen is different too. I could understand the B pillar end being different because of the roof line being straighter. I know for instance the Gen1 Teg's whole body has no interchangeable panels with the Accord even though they are similar size. The chassis of course is Civic based. Honda must be one of the only makers to be able to have so many un-alike models and still make money.

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM 87 Aerodeck
    Quote Originally Posted by hondapop View Post
    Strange that the doors would be different between Accord 2 doors, especially at the front A pillar. May mean the windscreen is different too. I could understand the B pillar end being different because of the roof line being straighter. I know for instance the Gen1 Teg's whole body has no interchangeable panels with the Accord even though they are similar size. The chassis of course is Civic based. Honda must be one of the only makers to be able to have so many un-alike models and still make money.

Agreed. I thought the same about the doors. One night I was scrolling through Yahoo Japan Auctions when an Aerodeck door and Sedan door ad popped up next to each other and I saw the difference. I couldn't believe it. It kind of sucks as my door is rusted out a little bit near the mirrors. It means I'd need to find an entire door and have it shipped over if I ever want to replace it. What a hassle !
    Wow really ? You're not wrong. I wish a lot of it was plug'n'play (even with earlier/later/different models) but I guess that would take the fun out of having something so unique